Reaction score
currently playing as manchester united in the first season, just signed edin dzeko so im looking at players to sell to balance the books.
I'm thinking of selling berbatov because of his age (i intend to replace him with a younger striker) but im unsure of how to do so and how to price him if offering to clubs.
any tips would be welcomed. I am not a newbie to fm, its just berbatov has constantly given me trouble to sell.

ive never managed to get rid of him for anything more than 2-3mill when hes nearing the end of his contract.

ive never managed to sell him in the first season

man city bought him off my mate for £20million at the start of the first season

offer to clubs for £20 million, if you are at the start.
if he hasnt been playing/scoring offer to clubs for £15million

No use man, I keep just getting loan offers. I'm probably just going to keep him as support for Dzeko and Rooney. Besides i'm training Rooney to play as AMC so I could play him behind Berb and Dzeko.

I think I may have more luck at Christmas.

why dont you send him on loan, if the other club plays him and he does well you can sell him for good price, otherwise he will be sitting on your bench and value go down

i exchanged him with roma, £20m plus berba for de rossi

it sort of depends what season you´re in and how much you think is a decent price for him. 1st season it´s basically impossible to sell him for good money, if at all... i had offers for him at start of the 2nd season in the range of £20-25m, mind you i played him for most part of the season. Can´t expect to get a good deal for a player if he rarely plays.
Now for selling him, offering him around is obviously the best option, but i wouldn´t reject all loan offers unless he´s in last year of contract. If someone wants him as loan to buy it´s not the worst deal you can make, as long as you make sure the offering club takes over wages and pays some cash upfront.

i sold berbatov to AS ROMA for 35milions , chelsea offered 35 m too

is that £ pounds, € euros or $ dollars

whatever you do keep macheda and wellbeck..turn out to be great as back up strikers

yup, ive loaned them both out to newcastle, machaeda has scored 17 in 21 and welbeck 15 in 22

I would loan berb out hopefully he will have a good season and they will want to make it perm.
So offer to loan with a fee to make perm

Set loan as unavailable then offer 17m to clubs, they only really bid if someone is interested, if not you gotta wait.

It's January now, though I'm thinking of keeping him 'til summer, I sold Vidic so Im trying to work Zapata in as a replacement. Vidic kept underperforming so thats the reason I sold him, I know otherwise it's a crazy idea but i got 32m for him :D

i like to have a young squad so i can develop them. i agree with fazio, and mexes - though he is too old. I have signed Zapata before on previous teams so I know he's worth the money and usually ends up playing 7.3 as a game average :D

Use Berbatov as bait to land someone you need. He is a quality player, but actually hard to sell. If that fails, try to get a loan-to-buy.

yeh im considering using him as makeweight in a deal, need to find interested parties first though lol :D