Berlusconi sets Ronaldo as a target

Pythonidae

Reaction score
AC Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi has hinted at signing Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo if his team wins the Serie A.

With six league games remaining, Milan hold a three-point lead over Napoli with fierce cross-town rivals Inter a further two points back.
The Italian prime minister has declared his interest in the 26-year-old former Manchester United winger, even though Ronaldo has not indicated he wants to leave the Santiago Bernabeu.

"If we win the scudetto then the next transfer window will see us add one or two great players. One of those could be Ronaldo," Berlusconi said.
"If we were able to add Ronaldo to our squad I think it would please everybody. Sometimes dreams come true."

Sweden striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic joined the Italian giants at the start of this season, although disciplinary issues have reportedly left Berlusconi questioning his investment.
It would be the first time since 2004 that Milan have won the league title if they hold off the challenges of their rivals.

The current squad includes ageing pair Clarence Seedorf, 35, and Andrea Pirlo, 31, who are both coming off contract.

----

Do they really believe Madrid would sell Cristiano after spending 80 million on him? Do they really believe Cristiano would want to join them? Do Milan even have the money to afford him?

Gotta love Berlusconi. The man's delusional! I read recently something quoted from him about women in Italy, something to do with the case of sleeping with an underage prostitute. He claimed that he'd slept with half the women in Italy, and the other half wanted him! He even had George Clooney as a character witness. They'd met just once...

Ronaldo will stay at Madrid for most of his career, maybe returning to Sporting or something at the end of his playing days. AC Milan couldn't afford him, nor would he want to go there

I lol'd when i saw this. Ronaldo won't go to Milan. Not now, not never. It's a big step down in his carreer.

I lol'd when i saw this. Ronaldo won't go to Milan. Not now, not never. It's a big step down in his carreer.

How would AC Milan be a step down in his career? AC have almost won Serie A and I dont think that Real will be winning the La Liga any time soon and he will want to be at a club getting trophies. They cant afford him anyway so it doesnt matter! Lol :)

Why would he go to Milan..? When he can always come back to us....?

No way would Cristiano ever go to AC Milan, he will stay at Madrid for about 3-5 more seasons then he will go back to Sporting CP or come back hom to MUFC :)

We wouldn't get him. Our attack has enough as it is at the moment anyway! Need younger decent defenders and one or two midfielders.

Cassano - Ibra - Pato - Robinho has a fair while to go in playing terms. Sort the rest out!

He should start spending money on lawyers rather than football superstars. ******* idiot.

Beacause Man United can no where near afford him.

He will stay at Real and dive his *** off.

Wonder if he'll share whatever he's taking? lol

Meh saw this story a couple of weeks ago. Certainly one for the transfer rumours thread.

Do <3 Berlusconi though.

Ahah, I love Milan but Berlusconi needs to be a little more realistic lolol, he should start on buying much needed youth for next year, we're on the way, on the way! Ronaldo will only leave Madrid in his thirties, but I think towards the end of his career he'll turn himself into a Giggs, maybe at 33 he'll be back to Sporting, or even Benfica, he did support Benfica as a kid.

And he already made one of them when he left us. I'd love to see him in Serie A though, he'd absolutely destroy that league.

And he already made one of them when he left us. I'd love to see him in Serie A though, he'd absolutely destroy that league.

Going from Man Utd to Real Madrid is a 'big step down'? Let's not exaggerate.