Best Approach for Building A New Stadium?

• Thread starter Thread starter addug
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 30K

addug

Reaction score
Wondering what tips anyone can offer to increase the chances of the board being willing to build a new stadium?

Playing as Liverpool, just starting 2016 season, very successful, rich, but haven't had any luck so far and have reached the maximum expansion capacity of 55,000.

I find the best way to maximising any chance (stadium, training facilities, youth facilities) of improving facilities is to wait until the period of transition between seasons. Reason being this is when you get a fair amount of money coming into the club from your clubs league position finish, new sponsors, etc. On this basis, I find the board are less inclined to reject your request.

If you play as a poor side in a much lower level, BSN/S or Scottish 3rd, by the time you get to the top flight you'll probably need to have a new stadium... though that doesn't help much when you're playing as a top flight club already :P

I find the best way to maximising any chance (stadium, training facilities, youth facilities) of improving facilities is to wait until the period of transition between seasons. Reason being this is when you get a fair amount of money coming into the club from your clubs league position finish, new sponsors, etc. On this basis, I find the board are less inclined to reject your request.

This is definitely the logical solution! But unfortunately it didn't work :p I've been following one of the various "Youth to Gold" approaches, meaning last season I won the league with a starting 11 with an average age of little over 23. My transfer budget is currently £209 million, with £950k p/w available in the wage budget... I don't know how the board can't find the finance, or don't think that a new stadium suits the success and ambition of the club!

It should definitely be possible to build a new stadium with those kind of finances, but unfortunately the board is not intelligent enough to figure out they can reduce the transfer budget and put more money into a new stadium.

To be honest I wish it was possible to make a board request that didn't ask to increase the transfer budget, but actually to decrease it - meaning more money would go directly to the club, and thus making it able to improve facilities or even build a new stadium.

The fact that you've already expanded the stadium (2 or 3 times?) probably makes it less likely to get a new stadium built. Just like there's (supposed to be) a 20 year cooldown between building new stadiums, I'm sure there's some sort of cooldown between expanding the stadium and building a new one. In other words, expanding the stadium is likely to ruin your chances of having a new one built. Then again, I'm just speculating.

The decreasing transfer budget would be a big help really! After more of a clear out my transfer budget is now in excess of £220 million and wages at £1.07m pw. I managed to get my wages down to £1,612,000 a week now, after bringing in yet more youth haha. Said goodbye to Leiva, Suarez, Borini and Kelly.

I can't remember exactly how many extensions it was but yeah, 2 or 3 sounds right. It would make sense that they wouldn't want to build a new stadium after just spending a few million on extensions in consecutive season, I'll have to put that on the backburner for a while.

This is definitely the logical solution! But unfortunately it didn't work :p I've been following one of the various "Youth to Gold" approaches, meaning last season I won the league with a starting 11 with an average age of little over 23. My transfer budget is currently £209 million, with £950k p/w available in the wage budget... I don't know how the board can't find the finance, or don't think that a new stadium suits the success and ambition of the club!

I also forgot to mention that filling out your stadium week in week out will help to increase your chances of your boardroom accept the request of building a new stadium, especially if there is no more room for expansion on the current one. Additionally, having a chairman that is an ******* is also a factor which sounds like the problem you have Addug :P

Wondering what tips anyone can offer to increase the chances of the board being willing to build a new stadium?

Playing as Liverpool, just starting 2016 season, very successful, rich, but haven't had any luck so far and have reached the maximum expansion capacity of 55,000.

How did you even get that? The bastards told me that they've had to cancel the expansion because of issues with the council or something..

[QUOTE/]To be honest I wish it was possible to make a board request that didn't ask to increase the transfer budget, but actually to decrease it - meaning more money would go directly to the club, and thus making it able to improve facilities or even build a new stadium.[/QUOTE]

I've always wanted that aswell

How did you even get that? The bastards told me that they've had to cancel the expansion because of issues with the council or something..

That's an odd one, I've never experienced it in my various Liverpool saves! Was it at all finance related?

Have you tried reducing your transfer budget/increasing your wage budget? the board may be more willing to consider if you have more money available for what I guess is the admin.

Right now you've just got a ton of money that they're not sure if your going to spend or not (thats how I see it anyway)

Well looks like i'm getting a new stadium. I finished my 1st season and got a expansion to 55,000. I have just finished my 2nd season for the board to say they are building new stadium.

DaveGrimmitt_NewsInbox-1.jpg

Have you tried reducing your transfer budget/increasing your wage budget? the board may be more willing to consider if you have more money available for what I guess is the admin.

Right now you've just got a ton of money that they're not sure if your going to spend or not (thats how I see it anyway)

Definitely worth a shout, thanks for the tip! Will let you know how it goes.

Well looks like i'm getting a new stadium. I finished my 1st season and got a expansion to 55,000. I have just finished my 2nd season for the board to say they are building new stadium.

Any database changes? I find it slightly weird that you're the only one who has gotten a new stadium so soon. I've played 3 seasons and won the league every single season, but to expand the stadium to 55.000 took me 3 expansions, and they just finished with the last. In addition it says you're in May, and your position is 4th. That just doesn't add up unless you've made changes in the editor.

Finally after getting on for 5 years I've got it! Admittedly not quite as big as I had wanted before but if there's a case for it I'll be able to go down the expansion route if need be. Think it could well be thanks to shuffling around the wage budget, so thanks for the tip on that helloiamanewlow.

Ironically after just about my worst start to a season.

On a site note Ademilson has been sensational, 29 goals in 23 games in all competitions. 17 goals in 14 games in the league.

View attachment 290501

Although Liverpool never moved in until 1892, when they were established. Before then some **** club played there.
Just saying that it was Everton that played there, although you may just be a Liverpool fan.

whats with all the blurring of the dates and stuff Dave Grimmitt?

Back