Best Atmosphere you've experienced?

mark 19 times

Reaction score
Being born in the 90's my dad tells me that nothing can compare to the stretford end in the 70's and it was louder than a jet plane taking off. obviosly, it was'nt safe and disasters like hilsborough proved this so it became the norm to sit down for my generation. obviously i stand at every united away but the atmosphere just doesnt compare to fc united...many ironically say its louder than in the 70's. So whats the best atmosphere you've been in? i doubt many can beat mine
fc united v rochadale bonfire night 2010 was electric and in true 70's style the guy behind me ****** in my jeans...

LOL fc united v rochdale and you doubt many can beat yours? meh...

Porto vs Benfica, we beat the living **** out of them 5-0
Benfica vs Porto we had to win for more then 2 goals or else we wold be out of the cup, we beat them 1-3 in their home, total madness.
Rangers vs Celtic or Celtic vs Rangers been in both already, pure crazyness

But the best game i've been in my entire life... Man Utd vs Liverpool , we won 1-4. I cried.

A game i wasn't at but i'd pay good to go back in time and watch it live, Newcastle 4 - 4 Arsenal.

Best game I've been to is Carling Cup final, Wigan Vs Manchester.. The Wigan fans were actually louder, but I suppose United fans have done it all before. That was our first season when we averaged 20k+ every home game, dropped since then though :(

LOL fc united v rochdale and you doubt many can beat yours? meh...
so what games have you been to where espn have had to switch to a different camara position because the crowd were rocking the stand tooo much? i doubt you have

Arsenal 2-2 Barcelona last year, or Arsenal 3-1 Chelsea this.

Superb atmospheres at a ground where it's usually pretty quiet. Electric.

Best game I've been to is Carling Cup final, Wigan Vs Manchester.. The Wigan fans were actually louder, but I suppose United fans have done it all before. That was our first season when we averaged 20k+ every home game, dropped since then though :(
yeah was at that you probs were louder but we don't really give a **** about the carling cup

The final minutes of when we beat Exeter in December were fantastic- All the home sections were singing, a truly great moment, the stadium was rocking. MK Dons in April was massive at the end of the game, I really thought we could take survival after that win but for me the best atmosphere is either..

February 2008, when we played Ian Holloway's Leciester. Of course, Holloway left us for Leicester 4 months previously, so we were in fine tune- the nanana **** off holloway etc, and we won. Great match and atmosphere.

Or January 2009, FA Cup 3rd Round at the Emirates- When Karl Duguid scored :wub: Our 8000 fans out-sung the Arsenal Lot all 90 minutes..

Real Madrid vs Athletic Club de Bilbao
was pretty epic never forget that day met all the players!!

My school vs Rival school
Attendance: Me + 4 people. THAT was electric.

Probably at Dens Park when Dundee played Rangers, we were beaten 3-1 but deserved better and the atmosphere when Leigh Griffiths scored that free kick was unreal.

My school vs Rival school
Attendance: Me + 4 people. THAT was electric.
my schools more of a rugby school and we got to the quarter finals of the daily mail cup which is like a national cup that evry rugby school entered and some posh boarding school truro i think came and everyone was allowed to skip lesson to watch it. about 600-700 turned up and the atmosphere was honestly amazing and we did the poznan when we scored. we got beat by them though

Last edited:
Rovers V City.

The atmosphere before hand was a mixture of nerves, tension and excitement. The atmosphere during the match was 90 minutes of pure deafening singing. After the match when The Rovers fans were singing Goodnight Irene, I actually had goosebumps. It's a shame we can't all sing like that any more! :S

thought not

wow nerdy calm down, my life isn't staying here 24/7 answering your questions... i don't care if espn had to change anything, btw how you know it? if you were in the game pretty sure you should have seen it live... not in cameras lol...

wow nerdy calm down, my life isn't staying here 24/7 answering your questions... i don't care if espn had to change anything, btw how you know it? if you were in the game pretty sure you should have seen it live... not in cameras lol...
the commentators had to go elsewhere... and it was the most significant moment in my clubs history would you not watch it again...oh wait you have about 5 clubs you part time supporter

Either Brentford V QPR back a few years ago before brentford's ground was re-developed and when we scored everyone just went crazy and people just ran on the pitch freely (after we scored) it was hilarious.

Or Derby V QPR this season, we were 2-0 down in the 90th minute and we came back to draw 2-2. When Mackie scored...

the commentators had to go elsewhere... and it was the most significant moment in my clubs history would you not watch it again...oh wait you have about 5 clubs you part time supporter

Yep kid, i support my hometown clubs, born in Leeds. Used to live in Liverpool and Glasgow. and now in Portugal. Anything wrong with supporting my hometown teams? LOL... Don't even need to give you explenations. I was messing with you in the 1st post, you got all mad, calm down. And btw part time supporter? tell me how many times you travelled to see a football team you love? 0 LOL.

Yep kid, i support my hometown clubs, born in Leeds. Used to live in Liverpool and Glasgow. and now in Portugal. Anything wrong with supporting my hometown teams? LOL... Don't even need to give you explenations. I was messing with you in the 1st post, you got all mad, calm down. And btw part time supporter? tell me how many times you travelled to see a football team you love? 0 LOL.
i honestly wouldnt be able to tell you how many times as i dont know at least 100

Back