Dantes7

Reaction score
I've tried lots of corner tactic but I didnt found perfect attacking corner. Which is the best and did you see 15+ corner goals in a season?

Setting up for attacking corners is quite straightforward, if you have taken the time to learn the individual strengths of each of your players. Get your best set-piece taker to take the kick, and then:

- Get your best header of the ball to STAND ON FAR POST
- 2nd best, ATTACK FAR POST
- 3rd best, ATTACK NEAR POST
- 4th best, ATTACK BALL FROM DEEP
- 5th best, NEAR POST FLICK ON
- 6th best, CHALLENGE GOALKEEPER

Of the remaining outfield players:
- Get the best long-range shooter to LURK OUTSIDE AREA
- And 2 x defenders to STAY BACK

Revise when you make substitutions so every player is in the most suitable role. Go for MIXED set-piece deliveries to keep the opposition guessing.

If you include second-wave attacks where my LURK OUTSIDE AREA man intercepts partially cleared corners to either score himself or assist in the creation of a goal, then I easily surpass 15 goals per season with this set-up.

Setting up for attacking corners is quite straightforward, if you have taken the time to learn the individual strengths of each of your players. Get your best set-piece taker to take the kick, and then:

- Get your best header of the ball to STAND ON FAR POST
- 2nd best, ATTACK FAR POST
- 3rd best, ATTACK NEAR POST
- 4th best, ATTACK BALL FROM DEEP
- 5th best, NEAR POST FLICK ON
- 6th best, CHALLENGE GOALKEEPER

Of the remaining outfield players:
- Get the best long-range shooter to LURK OUTSIDE AREA
- And 2 x defenders to STAY BACK

Revise when you make substitutions so every player is in the most suitable role. Go for MIXED set-piece deliveries to keep the opposition guessing.

If you include second-wave attacks where my LURK OUTSIDE AREA man intercepts partially cleared corners to either score himself or assist in the creation of a goal, then I easily surpass 15 goals per season with this set-up.

So, aim where? Mixed?
Right foot on left and left foot on right?

So, aim where? Mixed?
Right foot on left and left foot on right?

I have the same player take all corners, so whether it's an in-swinger or an out-swinger will depend on who that particular player is in any given match and what side the corner is on. I use the MIXED option - I use to always aim for the far post but opposition teams seemed to catch on to that.

If you cover all the bases by assigning players as I have described, your players are good in the air and you train Attacking Set-Pieces often enough, then you'll get your fair share of goals from corners.

I aim for far post and end up scoring a lot of near post goals.

I just don't want to loose possession. I aim near post and have left/right wingbacks (must have high: pace, accel, work rate) on "stay back" and 2-3 midfielders/DM on "default". Then a few folks in/around the box: attack near post, near post flick on, mark keeper, attack from deep, attack far post. (The only critical one is "attack near post").

The corner taker will (A) go near post sometimes and sometimes (B) make a long pass to a midfielder.

Usually we start with (A). If we don't get a shot, the ball is headed or kicked out, and we retain possession most of the time, due to the large number of "default" players, and very fast and hard working players on "stay back".

(B) A midfielder (often the DM) on "default" duty gets a long pass. That player plays a short, simple pass to a second player on "default" and he usually gets a good shot at goal, or our side retains good possession. Often any shot will deflect and we get yet another corner.
The AI does not like this. They will start pulling players out of the box to mark our midfielders, leaving the box more open and more likely to score straight at the near post.

I always use "in-swinging" corners, as I don't ever want the corner to go out-of-bounds. Thus, often, my corner taker has a relatively low "corner" attribute relative to the league I'm in. (I don't sign players with corner or any set piece as a priority).

Usually put a striker to challenge goalies and I let the CBs take over the near post. (6-yard box) Worked out well. I also use guys with left foot on right corner and vice-versa

Could I extend this and ask if anyone has any free kick or throw in routines that produce any sort of regular goals?

Could I extend this and ask if anyone has any free kick or throw in routines that produce any sort of regular goals?

I found throw-ins with a taker with the "long, flat bullet throw" works well with the kind of corner setup I'm using (see above - the key is the "default" players who will accept a corner, or long throw, and pass it around or take a shot).

Other then that special case, no. I don't score with any regularity, regardless of setting.