astrasxi84

Reaction score
Apart from the obvious attributes for winger,striker,defender etc. what other attributes do you take into consideration when building your team

Decisions and Balance.

Stamina is vital, i once had a team with poor stamina and was told in the conference my team concedes the most in the last 5 minutes of the game. Decisions and concentration too.

Stamina, workrate and determination and teamwork but I follow the Sir Bobby Robson ethos of good players who are good people. So I look at personality as well

I'm intrigued! Why balance?
When running at pace, an off balance cross will be wayward. Off balance shots, either at pace or on the turn, can go anywhere.

I'm also convinced that those long balls that just escape the defenders' heads (the commentary mentioning he couldn't reach it, even though he attempted the jump) is either a Balance issue or a lack of Anticipation.

It's a very underrated attribute, along with Agility. Everyone's "go to" place, guidetofootballmanager, doesn't even list Agility as being important for wide players cutting inside (Inside Forward and IWB in particular) when Agility is (IMO) far more important than Dribbling for the actual cutting in.

That last paragraph is a little off-topic, but yeah, just recently I passed on a great striker just because he had 5 for balance.

Last edited:
I've always thought of agility as an attackers balance when running, and balance more as a complementary stat to strength for CBs,
maybe I have under-rated balance in attack. Of course a big strong target man needs balance.

I've always thought of agility as an attackers balance when running, and balance more as a complementary stat to strength for CBs,
maybe I have under-rated balance in attack. Of course a big strong target man needs balance.
Agility is how quickly a player can change direction, so Agility + Acceleration is a deadly combo. I have a player now though who has 19 for Agility and 17 Acceleration, but his final product is a bit hit and miss with a Balance of 10. He's deadly as a striker, but I'm trying to fit him in as an Inside Forward or Raumdeuter where he's struggling to finish chances as he's getting away from defenders but then off balance when shooting. I had more success there with a poorer finisher who had better Balance!

Composure, Anticipation, Decisions and Determination are very important attributes to me so I always look at them

Teamwork and Determination, high Teamwork attributes has a really good impact on how your team play in matches, how they work and passes each other. While High Determenation very useful for training. More determination means they will train harder and gain attributes faster. Determination also good for matches too.

While High Determenation very useful for training. More determination means they will train harder and gain attributes faster. Determination also good for matches too.
Determination has nothing to do with actual development.

It does affect the ability of a player to learn PPMs and how they react to tutoring though.

I agree with WJ. Balance can be the key difference between a good player and a great player. If you check the attributes of the great dribblers/attackers, (Rinaldo,Messi, Kaka,Zidane) you'll find they all possess very good balance. Think about when you run at defences, when tackle comes in , if you can keep balance, you continue on, if you lose balance you stop to adjust.

Very few players have great balance, and I believe the taller someone is , the more balance they need .

Teamwork and Determination, high Teamwork attributes has a really good impact on how your team play in matches, how they work and passes each other. While High Determenation very useful for training. More determination means they will train harder and gain attributes faster. Determination also good for matches too.

Determination has nothing to do with actual development.

It does affect the ability of a player to learn PPMs and how they react to tutoring though.

+1 on WJ opinion: Determination has no effect on the player development neither its speed (hidden attributes of Professionalism (the most important) and Ambition are the main factors, and then injury proneness to a certain extent for obvious reason).

On the other hand, Determination is a pure "in match" attribute: it is the ability of a player to fight until the last second of the game. Even if you're losing 3-0 at half-time, the players with high determination will still believe they can come back and maybe win this game...

Ex: Milan-Liverpool 2005, Chelsea-PSG 2015...

Last edited:
If you are a small team with a tight budget and small squad: natural fitness. Good natural fitness means your players quickly regain fitness for the next match

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk