Best bit of transfer business you've done

1magine

Reaction score
I'm currently playing a save with Rangers and West Ham bid under £1m for Bruno Alves at the start of the window and upset him and then some other clubs started bidding so he's become a bit of a pest.. I was all set to keep a hold of him regardless though, that was until the deadline day when I pulled off an insane piece of business whilst keeping him until the end of the season. Be good to see who else has pulled off something similar!

View attachment 75693

Call me Daniel Levy from now on.
Be good to see who else has pulled off something similar!

I'm sure the AI is absolutely mad when it comes to transfers with human players. It is insanely easy to make a player unhappy at his current club and thus getting him Transfer Listed

I always play a bunch of Ajax saves at the start of a new FM. This is my latest Ajax save (currently in 2021/2022 season):

I have been picking up bargains left and right:
1) Goretzka on a free - Sold for 23 mill 1 season after (release clause I couldn't get rid off...)
2) Danilo (Man City D/WB R) for 3 mill - Sold for 24 mill after 1 season
3) Niklas Süle 11 million - Sold for 53 million after 2 seasons
4) Borja San Emeterio for 800k - Sold for 44 mill after 2 seasons
5) Sander Berge (huge talent who plays in Belgium) for 9 million - Sold for !!!93 mill!!! after 2 seasons
6) Harry Winks for 9 mill - Sold for 32,5 mill after 1 season
7) Will Hughes for 8 mill - Sold for 40,5 mill after 2 seasons (and retraining to be an IF right wing)
8) Wendel (CM from Brazil) for 11 mill - Sold for 48.5 mill after 2 seasons
9) Martial on a free - Sold for 31 mill that same season during winter break (then again, I haven't had a save this FM where Martial wouldn't get Transfer listed before the season was over...

Not to even get started on the Ajax talents I started with:
1) Justin Kluivert - Sold for !!!105 mill!!! after 3 seasons
2) Donny van de Beek - Sold for 72 mill the first winter break
3) Kasper Dolberg - Sold for 67 mill the first winter break
4) Matthijs de Ligt - Sold for 54 mill after 2 seasons

The weirdest thing is that in all my Ajax saves I never manage to do well in Europe. I normally win the Eredivisie without too much problems but Europe is just something else with the starting team as Ajax. Didn't get any European play apart from CL qualifications first season, which I messed up horribly... Second season I tend to do ok, either getting into CL group stage and/or EURO first/second round of elims. And still big clubs (and West Ham for some reason) were lining up to buy pretty much my entire line-up every single year.

TL;DR: Transfers have been extremely weird this FM for me. Compared to previous FM's I am usually insanely rich after the first season.

Always found signing frees and selling them on the best way to make profit in FM for years! Weird how some genuine world class players don't get picked up by teams for ages either!

That is some insane business! I am in my 2nd season with Ajax, and if some of this transfer business is yet to come, I can't wait! Although I hate selling my best players!

Playing as Celtic, first season in january I sold Dembele to Bayern for 49.5 million followed by Sinclair to city in the summer for 54 million

View attachment 72014

Sinclair for £54m? Close the thread, we have a winner already!!

My best piece of business has a bit more to it. Basically I am trying to create an Atalanta team to win the Champions League using all Italian players. I'm a few seasons in so I cannot exactly remember when it happened, but anyway, Luke Shaw was on a free. I already had good Italian LWB cover, but it seemed too good an opportunity to pass up.

Signed him up for nothing, his wages made me a little uncomfortable as he was my highest earner (£80k) but he had a great season. Sold him 12 months later for £25m plus add on's equating to about £40m.

Same season I did exactly the same with Tomas Kalas, signed him for around £3m on very reasonable wages, he wasn't that great and was less favourable to me because of his nationality, sold him for £28m one season later. Shaw & Kalas funded my "dream" transfer that season Alessio Romagnoli (I was desperate for a top class left footed, Italian CB) ^^)

Sold Martin Braithwaite to Inter Milan from Boro for 52m in the 20/21 summer window. To be fair, he'd scored about 50 goals & had numerous assists in the past 2 season but I signed Dolberg for 50m as he was listed by Real Madrid.

Signed transfer listed Andre Gomes from Barcelona for 7.5 Million now worth 47million after 1 1/2 seasons

Arthur ! Bought him for 15 mills +10 add ons in my RBL save and sold him to Man City after 2 years for 80m€ cash :)
Asensio bought for 40m(55+add ons) sold after 2 years at PSG for 150m€(release clause,unhappy player).

I'm curious how well Sinclair fared on his return to City, did he do any better than the time before?

I signed P.Sisto for £8m in the first season, I sold him in the summer for £49M.

Alexis Sánchez for free and sold for 90 mil Euro to Real Madrid

Liverpool wanted Danny Rose, and Alberto Moreno was transfer listed. I suggested doing a straight swap, but Liverpool refused. I bought Moreno for £17.5m, then Liverpool offered £32m for Rose. Idiots!