Best 'Centre Back' in the league 'at the moment' ?

Vote for the best

• Total voters
Funny how Kaboul, Coloccini are not getting any praises from media.

In particular Coloccini. He has been superb this season.

I suppose he hasn't really come up against anyone amazing yet. Tomorrow should be his big test (Coloccini)

I suppose he hasn't really come up against anyone amazing yet. Tomorrow should be his big test (Coloccini)

Mostly thats the reason but still he has improved so much since his first season. Just like Enrique where he didn't get much attention even though he was very good, but now he has signed for big club he gets much more appreciations for his performances.

Carragher is not worth even considering... at all... whatsoever.

Vidic by a nose from Kompany. Vermaelan and King would both be up there if they weren't so injury prone.

Kompany JUST ahead of Vidic. This is the first poll where I've been convinced that a Liverpool player isn't a genuine challenger...

Joking I hope ;)

If Liverpool had challengers in each position then they could have finished inside the top 4. All roy's fault no doubt

Can't say Vermaelen because he's barely played in the past year and a half.

Vidic would be up there but I just think Kompany has the edge at the moment because he's always there for City and he has built his own reputation up so quickly as being a leader and a top centre back.

Ferdinand isn't even in my thoughts anymore and Terry looked bad at times last season, Kaboul impresses me but never seems to be able to hold down a place at CB and stay injury free.

3 votes for King as well, the guy has played barely 20 games in the past 2 years I don't think I could justify picking him over Vidic/Kompany personally.

Joking I hope ;)

If Liverpool had challengers in each position then they could have finished inside the top 4. All roy's fault no doubt

Nope;

Reina - GK
Enrique - FB
Lucas - DM
Gerrard - CM
Suarez - ST

All genuine challengers, if we had challengers in each position, we'd have the best starting eleven in the league. But it is a squad game nowadays so that makes your point completely redundant.

Nope;

Reina - GK
Enrique - FB
Lucas - DM
Gerrard - CM
Suarez - ST

All genuine challengers, if we had challengers in each position, we'd have the best starting eleven in the league. But it is a squad game nowadays so that makes your point completely redundant.

Well yes that may have been the beer talking last night ;)

But it is based on this season and last. Gerrard has been injured for quite a bit and Enrique's good form was mostly in a Newcastle top. Can't argue with Reina or Lucas tho

Well yes that may have been the beer talking last night ;)

But it is based on this season and last. Gerrard has been injured for quite a bit and Enrique's good form was mostly in a Newcastle top. Can't argue with Reina or Lucas tho

I agree with Gerrard, I said in the CM thread that an on form Gerrard would be one of, if not the best CM's in the league but at the moment that title belongs to Modric. Purely because Gerrard has been injured/distinctly average recently.

Enrique - I think your comment is a bit unfair on him to be honest, he had an excellent season last year as you quite rightly pointed out, however in the opening 8 games for us of this season he has been fantastic. In my opinion, our best signing of the window. Put it this way, if Enrique is between you and something you want, you are not getting what you want. He's quick & strong, a top quality full back.

Carragher. Haha, but seriously I think Nemanja Vidic. Vincent Kompany, Ryan Shawcross, Brede Hangeland and Phil Jones all challenge for this honour, though.

By the way, nice idea Billy with these threads!

I personally would say Gary Cahill.

But from the list it has to be Vincent Kompany, he is God.

Vidic......easily the best CB in the EPL, probably in Europe too. Only others that come close are maybe Thiago Silva and Pique.

Nope;

Reina - GK
Enrique - FB
Lucas - DM
Gerrard - CM
Suarez - ST

Agger - CB

Shame about injuries but a fit Agger is easily a top 5 PL defender.

In a few years time we will have Danny Wilson as PL best CB ;)

Also Downing is definitely in contention for best winger.