Scotty98TR

Reaction score
Who are the best coaches you have found? Let's try to create a list of the best coaches for each category! (A coach can be in more than one category)

Fitness:
Winsper
Paixao
Tony Colbert
Richard Hawkins
Tony Strudwick
Neri
Schneider
Bisciotti
Campeiz

GK:
Gerry Payton
Nuciari
Rodriguez
Nista
Woods
Ray Clemence
Landucci
Pracidelli
Fillipi
Nuciari
Louro
Tancredi
Sambedi
Bonaiuti

Tactics:
Salzarulo
Jansen
Billows
David Coles
Firoin

Ball Control:
Neri
Lucassen
Flavio Tenius
Barreto

Defending:
Tassotti
Baresi
Batista dos Santos

Attacking:
Sergio Zanetti

Shooting:
Meulensteen
Bergkamp

All coaches must have a minimum of 4.5 stars at the start of the game!

I am not checking these myself, so if one of the people there aren't at least 4.5 stars at the beginning of the game, please let me know :)

Last edited:
GK -> Oscar Rodriguez;; Nista;; Even Chris Woods, although he's 4.5 stars. I've heard great things about Winsper, but never managed to find him, ingame.

Salzarulo : 4.5 Tactics. Richard Hawkins and Tony Strudwick - 4.5 Fitness. Sergio Zanetti - 4.5 Attacking. Lucassen 4.5 Ball Control. Massimo Neri - 5 Fitness.

Last edited:
Fitness: Jose Mario Campeiz, Paulo Paixao, Gian Nicola Bisciotti, Darlan Schneider (5 stars)
Goalkeeping: Ray Clemence, Marco Landucci, Alessandro Nista (5 stars), Carlos Pracidelli, Claudio Fillipi, Giulio Nuciari, Silvino Louro, Franco Tancredi, Jose Manuel Otxotorena
Defending: No 4.5 coaches. Closest: Dave Parnaby, Warren Joyce at 4 stars both
Tactics: Jan Jansen (if he is willing to sign)
Technique: Gianni Vio, Rene Meulensteen (this will change with the next update as he is currently Head Coach at Fulham),
Paul McGuiness, Andrea Maldera.
Attack: Staff is already mentioned above. Close contenders for the 4.5 stars rating are: David Platt, Rodolfo Borrell, Boro Primorac (added benefit is he increases your team's scouting knowledge on Bosnia and Herzegovina

Other Staff:

The best Assistant Manager in the game is still Mauro Tassotti. Also: Gianpiero Ventrone.

Physios: Hans-Wilhelm Muller-Wohlfahrt, David Fevre, Lieven Maesschalck, Jose Maria Villalon, Salvatore Libra (easier to sign then previous 4)

Head of Youth Development: Old man Fermo Favini is the best (my opinion), but is advance age counts against him; Bruno Conti

Director of Football: Fabio Paratici, Pantaleo Corvino, Franco Baldini, Matthias Sammer

Scouts: Too many but the best of the best: Steve Rowley, Pierluigi Casiraghi, Piet de Visser, Roberto Sesena, Wolfgang Grobe, Pablo Longoria, Alexandre Ceolin

Tactics: David Billows. Is a fitness coach, but can be signed as a normal one.
Defensive: Tassotti has 4,5 on defensive.

Also some coaches, like David Platt, can have a good roll on the start of the game and be 4,5 star coaches. For Platt one of the variables is that his LoD isn't too low.

Fitness: Jose Mario Campeiz, Paulo Paixao, Gian Nicola Bisciotti, Darlan Schneider (5 stars)
Goalkeeping: Ray Clemence, Marco Landucci, Alessandro Nista (5 stars), Carlos Pracidelli, Claudio Fillipi, Giulio Nuciari, Silvino Louro, Franco Tancredi, Jose Manuel Otxotorena
Defending: No 4.5 coaches. Closest: Dave Parnaby, Warren Joyce at 4 stars both
Tactics: Jan Jansen (if he is willing to sign)
Technique: Gianni Vio, Rene Meulensteen (this will change with the next update as he is currently Head Coach at Fulham),
Paul McGuiness, Andrea Maldera.
Attack: Staff is already mentioned above. Close contenders for the 4.5 stars rating are: David Platt, Rodolfo Borrell, Boro Primorac (added benefit is he increases your team's scouting knowledge on Bosnia and Herzegovina

Other Staff:

The best Assistant Manager in the game is still Mauro Tassotti. Also: Gianpiero Ventrone.

Physios: Hans-Wilhelm Muller-Wohlfahrt, David Fevre, Lieven Maesschalck, Jose Maria Villalon, Salvatore Libra (easier to sign then previous 4)

Head of Youth Development: Old man Fermo Favini is the best (my opinion), but is advance age counts against him; Bruno Conti

Director of Football: Fabio Paratici, Pantaleo Corvino, Franco Baldini, Matthias Sammer

Scouts: Too many but the best of the best: Steve Rowley, Pierluigi Casiraghi, Piet de Visser, Roberto Sesena, Wolfgang Grobe, Pablo Longoria, Alexandre Ceolin

Tactics: David Billows. Is a fitness coach, but can be signed as a normal one.
Defensive: Tassotti has 4,5 on defensive.

Also some coaches, like David Platt, can have a good roll on the start of the game and be 4,5 star coaches. For Platt one of the variables is that his LoD isn't too low.

Updated the list. Not sure what category you meant by Technique Drizzt?
And Favani makes a quality assistant, he's my Arsenal one at the moment :)

You should probably include first names in the OP, so it will be easier to find them. And remember that some attributes vary slightly from game to game, so a 4.5 star coach in my game could be only 4 stars in your game.

Also, keep in mind that a 5 star GK Handling coach might only be 4.5 star GK Shot Stopping coach. Check out the Staff Requirements thread for details.

Tactics:
David Coles
Fulvio Fiorin

Ball Control:
Flavio Tenius
Barreto

Defending:
Paulo Cesar Batista dos Santos (5 stars after coaching course)
Giuseppe Baresi

Shooting:
Rene Meulensteen (5 stars after a few months)
Dennis Bergkamp

GK Handling:
Oscar Rodriguez
Adriano Bonaiuti (5 stars)
Marco Landucci (5 stars)

GK Shot Stopping:
Alessandro Nista (5 stars)
Giulio Nuciari
Jose Sambade

Didn't bother posting the ones already mentioned. Also, scouts and physios are very easy to find so I skipped those as well.

You should probably include first names in the OP, so it will be easier to find them. And remember that some attributes vary slightly from game to game, so a 4.5 star coach in my game could be only 4 stars in your game.

Also, keep in mind that a 5 star GK Handling coach might only be 4.5 star GK Shot Stopping coach. Check out the Staff Requirements thread for details.

I originally had 2 sections for handling and shot stopping, but people were only giving me GK coaches so I put them as one (Think it is mental and technical attributes is the difference?)
Wasn't aware that the higher-profile coaches were randomised, so thanks for that :)

Added the coaches you suggested to the list.

I originally had 2 sections for handling and shot stopping, but people were only giving me GK coaches so I put them as one (Think it is mental and technical attributes is the difference?)
Wasn't aware that the higher-profile coaches were randomised, so thanks for that :)

Added the coaches you suggested to the list.

It's technical and tactical attributes that decide shot stopping/handling.
As for the randomizing, this was at least the case in FM 13, and I'm fairly certain it still is but I'm not 110% sure.

Updated the list. Not sure what category you meant by Technique Drizzt?
Technique Coaching is one of attributes that can be selected when searching for coaches under Staff Search, and is what will be used to search for coaches that will coach your team on Shooting and Ball Control. Therefor the reason why I listed my coaches under Technique rather then under Ball Control or Shooting.

These 2 are contracted as Assistant Managers, not coaches, so does not really qualify;)

Both can be signed as coaches, therefore if people wanted a 4.5 star coach for those categories they could sign them...