redmanftw

Reaction score
Ηi can rate in a raw these defenders with a raw? first the bettest second third etc?

the players are

Varane
Tah
Sule
Romagnoli
Stones
Rugani
Laporte
Christensen
Gimenez
Vallejo
Marquinhos
Lemos
Zouma
Kimpembe

thanks in advance

Last edited:
I tried both Romagnoli and Rugani. Must say both are equally as good.

Romagnoli has been an absolute beast for my Chelsea save, left sided which is also a bonus.

defenders

Riedewald and Tete They will not let you down.

Lascelles

A good option for me at CB is Jamaal Lascelles from Newcastle. he's cheap and English for any EPL teams and only cost around 7 million. Play a back 3 with him on the Left Side, he's outstanding

You cant just say that on is better then that one. It all depends on you tactic, liga you are playing in, and style off play.

Im playing in Lazio and hav Lemos and Rugani as bpd, they are very good together. I find Romagnoli and Zouma as perfect pair in Prl, But not in La Liga, Romagnoli is too aggressiv for my still of play in that liga.

Ηi can rate in a raw these defenders with a raw? first the bettest second third etc?

the players are

Varane
Tah
Sule
Romagnoli
Stones
Rugani
Laporte
Christensen
Gimenez
Vallejo
Marquinhos
Lemos
Zouma
Kimpembe

thanks in advance

Think about your Central Defenders as a partnership. Who have been great partnerships over the years?

- Mark Lawrenson & Alan Hansen (Liverpool, 1980s)
- Franco Baresi & Paolo Maldini (AC Milan, Late 80s/Early 90s)
- Steve Bruce & Gary Pallister (Manchester United, 1990s)
- John Terry & Ricardo Carvalho (Chelsea, 2000s)
- Nemanja Vidic & Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United, circa 2008-2012)...

...Always a proper hard man - usually well over 6'0" - alongside a Ball Playing Defender who can bring the ball out from the back and play accurate passes into midfield or out to the flanks.

I don't know all of the players on your list, but in terms of forming a strong partnership in which the two players complement each other in the manner I have described, I'd expect good things from Zouma/Tah/Varane as the tough guy & Stones/Romagnoli as the BPD - but I'm surprised by how few of these players I know, off the top of my head.

I like to have two players per position in my squad. At Centre Back, I try to recruit 1 x Central Defender, 1 x Limited Defender and 1 x Ball Playing Defender and then the best young player I can find in any of those three roles to make the 4th. Then I play them in their preferred positions, roles and duties whenever I start them or bring them on during a match - your overall team tactics can handle the odd tweak here-and-there to get a player into his best situation. The combination works better still if one of those players is a Stopper and the other can operate with the Defend or Cover instruction - and, again, better still if there is a DM just in front of them, in his preferred role. Having one of them as a natural left footer playing on the left of the two is Football Management Nirvana!

Last edited:
All of those are good. Depends on your budget and who becomes available.

Bought rugani for 25m and he became leading pl player in middle of 1st season.

Also don't overlook Eric dier. Cost me 41m but worth it as an English homegrown player.
versatile in that he can also sub as dm.

I managed to get Eduoardo Goldingo for about 15m Euros at the start with Bournemouth. Surprised he was willing to join. I've seen him join big clubs like Man United in test sims and he typically becomes a regularly Italy international. Very well rounded defender.