srw

Reaction score
I'm sorry if people are looking at this because you expected a tactic. I actually have a question. Has anyone had a season where they conceded less than 5 goals? If not what about less than 10?

After the first few posts I thought maybe I should use this thread to find the best defensive tactic out there, the tactic with least conceded goals. I hope people are willing to upload screenshots of: their league position and fixtures. It would be best if you also provided a download of your tactic so people can test the tactic with other teams or results of your own using different teams all using the same tactic. This is the the best way to find the best defensive tactic. If you don't want to share your tactic atleast share some results and league position

Last edited:
Less than 5 goals? VERY DIFFICULT.

The best I had was 9 goals in the Portuguese League.

But currently I am halway the 2012/2013 season, I have only conceded 1 goal in about 14 league games, with Benfica.

Yea It's really hard. There are some geniuses out there who could have done it. 9 goals against with benfica? That's pretty good. What formation did you use?

I've conceeded 10 and scored 130 in the league without saves but thats mainly because my teams much better than the rest in the league Roma 2018, Its fine cutting down on goals conceeded but you gotta get goals at the other end. If you've done that so far in the first year id be interested in your goals scored too and the formation you use?

i had a season with porto where i conceeded 7 in the league and scored 99(avg 3.3 a game)

played a 4-5-1 but instead of the wingers playing am AM's had them as ST's (Robinho-Falcao-Hulk) from left to right.

midfield played with 2CM, a box to box(moutinho), deep lying playmaker( defour), and a DM anchor man (fernando)

it was the portuguese which offers no competiton besides sporting and benfica but my challenge as my last fm10 save as i grew bored was to score 100 and give up 10 or less. still cant believe i came up only 1 short.

I've conceeded 10 and scored 130 in the league without saves but thats mainly because my teams much better than the rest in the league Roma 2018, Its fine cutting down on goals conceeded but you gotta get goals at the other end. If you've done that so far in the first year id be interested in your goals scored too and the formation you use?

Scoring 130 and conceding 10 that's quite impressive. I conceded 4 and scored 34 with PSV (halfway through season) and I'm not happy with my offense yet. I changed to fluid to encourage players to join in on attacks but hasn't made a big difference. Do you have any advice how I can get more goals? I have about 10 shots per game and 4 of those on goal. My time wasting is set pretty high so I'm gonna decrease that and see what happens

my best was 14 conceded with barca but i dnt think to much about it, seeing as i achieved it with the best team in the game

LeagueTwo
^Thats with my tactics mate, not bad I suppose 66 GS 1 GC, havent had time to update it to what its at right now with the extra games played 79 GS 1 GC
That the kind of thing your looking for?

i had a season with porto where i conceeded 7 in the league and scored 99(avg 3.3 a game)

played a 4-5-1 but instead of the wingers playing am AM's had them as ST's (Robinho-Falcao-Hulk) from left to right.

midfield played with 2CM, a box to box(moutinho), deep lying playmaker( defour), and a DM anchor man (fernando)

it was the portuguese which offers no competiton besides sporting and benfica but my challenge as my last fm10 save as i grew bored was to score 100 and give up 10 or less. still cant believe i came up only 1 short.

Thats really good in my opinion even if your playing in the Portuguese league. What kind of results did you have in the European competitions?

Last season coceded 9 goals in 38 games, so far this season conceded 3 goals in 26 games.

Thats really good in my opinion even if your playing in the Portuguese league. What kind of results did you have in the European competitions?

Had a managed to place second behind Real in my group after a 1-0 away win and a home draw.

Ended up losing in the first knockout unfortunately to Man. Utd. after they blew their group stage vs sevilla. 1-1 away, lost 1-0 at home in the 88th after a game where I had 6CCC and 65% possesion. **** happens.

this was in my Blackburn save:
GK Shay Given
LB Kieran Gibbs
CB William Gallas
CB Phillipe Mexes
RB Darijo Srna

Scoring 130 and conceding 10 that's quite impressive. I conceded 4 and scored 34 with PSV (halfway through season) and I'm not happy with my offense yet. I changed to fluid to encourage players to join in on attacks but hasn't made a big difference. Do you have any advice how I can get more goals? I have about 10 shots per game and 4 of those on goal. My time wasting is set pretty high so I'm gonna decrease that and see what happens

Depends totally on the formation for goals scored. Yeah sure the goals scored conceeded impressive but my teams probably the best in the world so its kinda like winning with barca doesn't really count.

LeagueTwo
^Thats with my tactics mate, not bad I suppose 66 GS 1 GC, havent had time to update it to what its at right now with the extra games played 79 GS 1 GC
That the kind of thing your looking for?

Thanks for posting. Looks like you had a great season! Would you mind testing the tactic with other teams or maybe provide a download? I think a lot of people would be interested in your tactic

---------- Post added at 06:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 AM ----------

Had a managed to place second behind Real in my group after a 1-0 away win and a home draw.

Ended up losing in the first knockout unfortunately to Man. Utd. after they blew their group stage vs sevilla. 1-1 away, lost 1-0 at home in the 88th after a game where I had 6CCC and 65% possesion. **** happens.

Sounds like you were really unlucky against Man Utd. Would you mind providing a download of your tactic or testing it with other teams?

Possibly im still testing atm. When and if i get something more solid for smaller teams ill release it.

in fm 10 my best was 11 with ac milan.

in fm11 currently managing huddersfield and havn't let any goals into my net yet. only played 9 games though...

Thanks for posting. Looks like you had a great season! Would you mind testing the tactic with other teams or maybe provide a download? I think a lot of people would be interested in your tactic

---------- Post added at 06:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 AM ----------

Sounds like you were really unlucky against Man Utd. Would you mind providing a download of your tactic or testing it with other teams?

working on it atm on a tottenham save. tryin to find out what made it work so well in porto mixed results so far but ill keep this thread updated. the forwards just arent getting on as well as i would have liked so far. second in the epl, but the defense just isnt there; gave up 24 on my first season and ive given up 6 in my first 10 on the second seasons. also the goals arent there like they were in portugal. of course the epl is much stiffer than the portuguese league. but the weaker teams seem to be the problem, e.g. 4-3 vs west brom?!?!? not liking it. talk to you in a few hours again see how we do.:)

How have you changed your tactic to make it more suitable for tottenham?

once i had 9 goals in the clydesdale spl...total 19 goals conceded and i playd in the champions league league cup ant the scottish cup....and won them all