Best Defensive tactic youve seen this patch?

jonnysnipe

Reaction score
All I see is attack attack attack, everyone loves scoring goals, but I for one HATE conceding them!

How many people start basing their tactics on the defence and work their way forward? Not many I bet!

It seems fro my experience 4 at the back formations are horrendous for defence, I mainly play with minor teams as I prefer the challenge so most the time my players arent as good so need that solid defence.

5 at the back is a lot better but I hate playing 5 at the back! So the question is defensively whats the best 4 at the back formation you have used/seen? Preferably not with a larger team as they already have top quality players so you could probably leave the default tactic on and they would barely concede.

what i've learned from this game is that the best way to defend is by high pressure and pinning your opponent in their half, while using OI to nullify the attackers. It produces a lot of results. I had a tactic that was solid in defence but it was for 14.2. People used it for smaller teams and found success so it may help you too. Lemme see if i can't find it

Thanks man, yeah I have seen similar tactics on 14.3 but nothing seems to produce solid results for smaller teams

I'm going to start a new park the bus-esque project, might put a thread up and test with a load of different teams.
Had some inspiration from other forums.