Best free players to sign in Blue Square Prem?

lincolnimp

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend any free/ cheap players who would be a good signing for a non league team?

Barry Hayles - He is old as **** but still performs if you set him up properly

Mirko Ranieri, Vincent Pericard, David Lynch, Remy Clerima, Bastien Hery.

I have got a Mansfield Town game and im in June 2020 just finished 8th in the Championship and what got me through the first season in the Conference was the following...

Marc Bridge-Wilkinson - CAM (unattached) - Used him sparingly because i already had Chris Clements but Bridge-Wilkinson has fantastic free-kicks and plays really well in a 4-3-1-2 formation as a CAM. Gets tired easily though.

Mirko Ranieri - GK (unattached) - Ive found it really difficult with young goal keepers, you buy 2 star current with 4 star potential and after a season in goal theyre potential just drops to 2 star as if theyre maxed out already but he was decent in the Conference. Ive also tried Rob Lainton, Mark Halstead, Ryan Allsop, Dean Bouzanis through my climb up the leagues and to be honest theyve all done an ok job but their ****.

Rui Marquez - DC (unattached) - You know the phrase "BEAAASSSTTTT", that applys to this guy and another defender i brought called Martin Camano - DC (unattached). Sensational centre-backs down in them leagues, League 2 as well. Ive still got Marquez as a coach, hes a club legend.

Wes Fletcher - ST (Burnley - Free) - Surplus at Burnley but scored 13 goals for me in the Conference with Matt Green. Fantastic poacher but i didnt use him as much as i should have because i had a lot of options upfront. Kane Richards was unattached and he was sensational because hes so young. He got 19 goals for me which was a very nice return, Been a good impact sub up through the leagues as well.

Alex Billington - DL (unattached) - Hes been a fantastic left back since the first season and had i not signed Zeki Fryers when i got into the Championship he'd probably still be starting for me now but hes always on the bench if i need him. Another young starlet for the Blue Sq.

Ben McKenna - Attacking Midfielder RLC / Winger (unattached) - Upto League 1 he was really good and really young but then i found some better options and sold him.

Liam Fox - £10k Livingston - My mate found him so i cant take the credit but hes a brilliant ball winner even in League 2, eventually found better than him for League 1 but he done a really good job.

Aden Flint - £85k Swindon - Everyone knows him he was brought as an extra option because Marquez and Camano get tired but he kept his place in my team most the time because you can rely on him to play well, be fit until the end of game so when i got him it became Flint + 1.

Other signings i made when i was in the Conference was Mauro Vilhete (Barnet loan) for 3 months as another option on the right wing and i loved having him but never brought him and it said Vilhete sad to leave after his loan so much love for him. Joe Ironside loan from Sheff Utd got me a few goals for the Young Target man, i eventually brought him as back up for my striker now, TOM EAVES (BEASSTTT - League 2 upto Championship hes still quality)

milligan (free from fleetwood, MC) this guy is ok as a back up MC with 10-15 games per season. I'm in wrexham season 2 in league 2 after promotion last year. he scored 2 goals with an average rating of 7.2something.

I think after first season look at youngsters from the prem that have been released. ... My Hebburn Town team .. i know they are much lower in the leagues. But i took a punt at getting a load in and i was only able to get some on Amateur contracts. But most are still in my team second season mid table in the prem.

William Ekong - Spurs

Victor Zapata-Caicedo - Spurs

Just to name a few they are still in my line up. Don't know if its because i was in lower leagues and they got better in time dont know if they will be good enough for BSP straight away but have a look mate. See if you can bring them in.

Just have a san through released players from prem.

( P.S .. I'm not a Spurs fan, just them are the stand out players i brought in haha )

Last edited: