Withnail316

Reaction score
Evening all, apologies if this has been posted before, but I'm still working my way around here!

So I normally like to start in either non-league or League Two at the highest, and as we all know, loan signings can make-or-break your season. I just wondered who your best ever loan signings were at League Two and below?

My best two younger players are without doubt Will Keane from Manchester United, a 17 year old striker who will score 20 goals a season at least as a poacher (if you can keep him fit, of course...being a young kid he can be a little susceptible to injury). The other one is Kevin Long, a central defender from Burnley who's an absolute rock at the back, although you have to have a quick player alongside him. The great thing about both is if they come in and are a success, you'll get them the following year, too. Both improve considerably the more they play, and in the case of Keane you can get him on a couple of years down the line, and he'll still be scoring goals in the Championship.

As for older players, Marc Bridge-Wilkinson is probably the best signing any BSP/ LG2 manager can ever make. Will score 20 from attacking midfield (about 10 from direct free kicks) and probably make 30....pure quality.

I loaned Paul Downing from West Brom I think in LG2, bought him at the end of the season and he is only 19, I reckon I can develop him into a leading Championship defender atleast

I also got on free James Tavernier and Ben Hoskin, both are young and top RBs, Dean Howell is pretty handy too

I often sign Jordan Mutch from Birmingham, lead a couple of my teams to promotion with outstanding performances.