ADavis1983

Reaction score
All,

I'm just starting afresh on FM13 after my laptop died, losing all of my previous created and downloaded tactics.

Rather than do the usual - start with Liverpool or another Premier League Club, and try to win everything in sight (which I get bored of fairly quickly) - i've decided to give Lower League Management (in England) a stab and seeing how far I can Bristol Rovers up the leagues.

Does anyone have any tried and tested tactics which work well with the Lower Leagues?

Cheers

Just keep things simple. I have used various formations and strategies and none of them have been better than the others. They have simply suited my club and my players.

But, if trying to climb the ladder with a small budget, then using a 451, playing counter will able you to find players easier. Hardworking and strong central midfielders along with quick wingers and strikers as something that will see you get into the EPL without tinkering too much with the shouts etc:

451 counter with a slowish tempo is what I personally find works best.
For your strikers and wingers focus on their physical stats, lots of pace and accel, the difference in finishing wont matter a huge amount in lower leagues. I've had a forward with 4 finishing but very nice physical stars score near twice what anyone else did.

Would you recommend a flat 4-5-1 (i.e. all 5 midfielders in a straight line) or 1 DM, 2 CM's and 2 Wingers advanced?

as TBH said, good phyiscal and mental attributes are vital (teamwork/workrate)

I replied to your PM as well :)

If you want downloadable tactics then for lower leagues I have had most success with the arrigo sacchi one and most recently have had my best ever points total with Tranmere (they have a great squad for league 1 though) with the Gonzo 4-4-2. And as the others said, players with good work rate, teamwork, determination are good in all leagues, especially centre mids.

Oh and I have tried every tactic on this forum, I love tactic testing Lol

If you want downloadable tactics then for lower leagues I have had most success with the arrigo sacchi one and most recently have had my best ever points total with Tranmere (they have a great squad for league 1 though) with the Gonzo 4-4-2. And as the others said, players with good work rate, teamwork, determination are good in all leagues, especially centre mids.

Oh and I have tried every tactic on this forum, I love tactic testing Lol

Can you paste the links as i've tried searching for them but cannot find them. Thanks :)

What sort of team instructions do you guys have and what style of play?

Try Mr Langvatn's Rock Classic ( I had straight promotions to EPL from BSS with Mansfield with it)
Of course proper squad management and good players is needed as well

Also he's new Sicilian Defense is beast for underdogs. It's incredible for small teams against big teams.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...langvatns-tactic-thread-updated-13-3-3-a.html

I found 3 man defenses extremely useful for underdogs.