Best Manchester United formation for Rooney & Van Persie?

Mula1995

Reaction score
Hi there,

At the moment I'm playing the demo with Manchester United and I'm currently using Raikan007's Might & Magic tactic and another narrow 4-1-2-1-2 tactic from Raikan. My team is playing really well and at the end of the demo I was 10 points clear of arsenal at the top of the table, with Rooney and RVP having scored 13 goals each in all competitions.
However I feel they could be scoring a lot more as theyve missed a lot of easy chances along the way and at times they seem quite inconsistent and will sometimes get really low ratings. Do you guys have any idea for the player roles that will get both players scoring well and consistently getting good chances?

Thanks.

Hi there,

At the moment I'm playing the demo with Manchester United and I'm currently using Raikan007's Might & Magic tactic and another narrow 4-1-2-1-2 tactic from Raikan. My team is playing really well and at the end of the demo I was 10 points clear of arsenal at the top of the table, with Rooney and RVP having scored 13 goals each in all competitions.
However I feel they could be scoring a lot more as theyve missed a lot of easy chances along the way and at times they seem quite inconsistent and will sometimes get really low ratings. Do you guys have any idea for the player roles that will get both players scoring well and consistently getting good chances?

Thanks.

The demo is still very buggy mate.. I would think that 13 goals a piece half way through a season is pretty **** good if you ask me :)

Fm13 is a lot more realistic this year..

how have your results been? seem to be getting good consistent results using the tactic which is feat all in itself, well done :)

The demo is still very buggy mate.. I would think that 13 goals a piece half way through a season is pretty **** good if you ask me :)

Fm13 is a lot more realistic this year..

how have your results been? seem to be getting good consistent results using the tactic which is feat all in itself, well done :)

The tactic itself is really good, in the league ive won 16, drawn 3, and lost 1, and i dominated teams like chelsea and city so it really is a good tactic if youre jus wanting the results.

However, rooney and rvp have played like around 20-25 games each and it jus seems as though they dont seem to be able to play well along side each other, and on some occassions their game ratings will be like in the 5s. There was one game where rooney was a deep lying forward and rvp advanced with swap positions and they scored 2 goals each and were jus untouchable but they havnt been near that good since. So im jus trying to find that perfect player role thatll get them firing but Ive had no luck.

Actually , RVP and Rooney is not the perfect match in FM since both likes to come deep ans get the ball, atleast not if the tactic needs someone to stretch the defence, play on the shoulder Of the last defender.

Naturally, you can still use them both with great results ( just like you shown us), but this is why you feen something is missing, they not complementing each other.

Actually , RVP and Rooney is not the perfect match in FM since both likes to come deep ans get the ball, atleast not if the tactic needs someone to stretch the defence, play on the shoulder Of the last defender.

Naturally, you can still use them both with great results ( just like you shown us), but this is why you feen something is missing, they not complementing each other.

would u suggest using rooney as an amc and rvp striker then? because ive tried on occasion and it has been good at times

would u suggest using rooney as an amc and rvp striker then? because ive tried on occasion and it has been good at times

Yes and No. The thing is, in real life, Sir Alex can instruct à player like Van Persie to never Ever drop deep but instead act as an advanced forward AND still tell him to do the unexpected WITH the ball( creative freedom). In FM, you have to compensate with Setting his/their runa from deep to OFTEN and lower his/their creative freedom.

In the end, its all about having enough players Stretching the defence, lots Of movement.

When really wanting to play on the break using Quick counter attacks, the rotation system should be well though through. Here, I would make à plan for the next coming 4 or 5 matches so the partnership suits the approach for each and every game.