Best mid-range English players? [Newcastle]

Tangalife

Reaction score
Looking for some English talent to fill my homegrown status. I usually like to go with English defenders as foreigners are always the way to go in attack.

Can someone recommend some cheap-to-mid range players available (around the 5-6m mark or cheaper) preferably left defender or a winger? Can be prospects or first teamers.

I sold Santon so was thinking of getting Danny Rose but the concensus seems to be he is not worth the 6m Tottenham want. Another option was Tom Ince.

PS - How is Ryan Shawcross in this game? He was awesome in FM12 which was the last version I Played

Last edited:
Ryan Bertrand/Kyle Naughton are other options for left back. Tom Ince would be good (especially if you're in the first season -get him on a free at the end) but Nathan Dyer/Mcmanaman/Nathan Redmond/Jay Rodriguez could do a job out wide.

Would highly recommend Jay Rodriguez as an inside forward. Scores and assists plenty, well he did in my Southmapton game. Try and get Clyne/ward prowse and Lallana from Southampton as they are all really top class English players which will get into your Newcastle team.

Cauley Woodrow (Fulham) always turns out to be a very good striker.

Cheers.

I ended up signing Ricardo Rodriguez as my LB and suprinsgly beat Liverpool to get Diame in the midfield. Only left with a couple mill so going to wait until January and re-assess. Probably going to look at English wingers at that point e.g. Ince etc.

Quite keen on Danny Rose wouldn't mind landing him next season too, anyone know how much his asking price increases after a season?

Why are you asking us to suggest English players, and then go out and buy 2 non-English players?

How much did you sell Santon for out of interest? After a season I managed to sell him to Monaco for £40m (counter-offered, didn't think they'd accept). In terms of English talent, you can recall Adam Campbell and then there's the likes of Will Hughes, Nathaniel Chabolah, Bentaleb (part-English right?), Jordan Rossiter, Mason Benett, Adam Smith (sp?/Spurs).

I'm not sure how good they are on FM atm but in your academy you have Woodman and Armstrong as well.

Why are you asking us to suggest English players, and then go out and buy 2 non-English players?

Because im still looking for more players to sign?

meguel - I sold Santon for 12m.... 40m sounds alot better lol