Best/most reliable tactics?

rbrady_07

Reaction score
I'm tearing my hair out here ppl...I'm a very experienced FM player but this 2009 version is driving me mad!!!

Tactics...ok I'm QPR, 1st season done ok'ish...mid table with a couple of decent runs in the cup competitions.

2nd season i'm thinking ok promotion here I come!! 10 games in, 9 defeats and 1 draw...tried a few different formations, can't get decent players in.

Surely someone out there must by now have the tactics mastered...any one got a tactics that works very well? I used to be the 4-2-3-1 king n i'm finding it hard to take being anything less than extremely successful.

Last edited:
I don't think there are any "great" tactics per se this year. Sure, long ball 4-4-2 works well for all weaker sides, but after all the qualities of Blue Square Prem / North / South players are pretty much the same and there's hardly anyone who really stands out.

Instead of focusing on creating a new tactic, if I were you I'd make sure I field my best players, even if that means using 5 defenders. After you've done that and made sure that you know who your best performers are, the tactic arrangements can kick in according to their personal abilities.

My two cents ;)