Reaction score
Im looking to start a save with a English Premier League team, and try and build a dominant (as far as possible) All english(or British) team/squad. So ive looked around and found Arsenal and Man Utd have the most English player or best English prospects however Tottenham have a few too.

However what is worrying me is the amount of debt Man Utd and Arsenal have, could or would this effect me further down the line in terms of spending power?

Basically the question boils down to 1 of the 3 above teams i mentioned. Man Utd, Arsenal, Tottenham
If you could state pros/cons for the team you suggest would be a great help.

Im also willing to take into account Champioship teams, but must have decent/good youth facilities/academy, and have a good stable financial state

cheers is advance guys :)

Last edited:
You have quite a choice, you want to check teams with excellent youth facilities i.e. Southampton, Blackburn. There are quite a few, the game wouldn't be much of a challenge with the three teams you have chosen.

to my knowledge you have and can get quite a large kitty :) I have seen people spend over 70m with a few sales etc...

never those two mate :) lol!

Arsenal would also be very good! if you are really wanting those two players then I suggest starting with Gunners as you wont get them with United nor Spurs (well for a few years anyway)

Arsenal would also be very good! if you are really wanting those two players then I suggest starting with Gunners as you wont get them with United nor Spurs (well for a few years anyway)

I think where ever i go ill have problem buying some players for the other teams, ie Jones/Welbeck/Cleverley if im Arsenal. Bale is a very big plus point to spurs. Apart from Caulker is there any of the spurs youth goin to make the 1st team? ie Kane, Carroll, Livermore?

i had kane carroll an livermore all in my squad when i was spurs an they do a decent job kane improves like no end the other two i found harder to improve if that helps an caulker is one of the best ive had in defence in my opinion before i get attacked :p

Choosing Man U is great, I've done all English there and won the premiership title second season there as well as winning the FA Cup same season.

Im doing that with Man Utd. so far:

Butland
Walker
Jones
Evans
Shaw
Wilshere
McCarthy (or something)
Chamberlain
Walcott
Bale
Rooney

This is 1st 11. I also have Smalling, Welbeck, Barkley and lot of regens (2017)

You can also buy Shawcross, Shelvey and don't forget Fletcher, Carrick, Baines, Ferdinand and a few more out there!!

Good luck

I didn't intend to bring English players to my team, but on my Arsenal save I have Rooney and Phil Jones, along with the starting Arsenal players (sold Walcott actually because he kept getting injured so often). I also have a very promising 18 year old English regen striker, 5 star potential (on my team which rates Rooney as 4.5 current and Cavani 4 current)

I tried this with Arsenal. Had a starting 11 of this I think towards the end of my save.

GK - Butland
DR - Clyne
DC - Phil Jones
DC - Ryan Shawcross
DL - Luke Shaw
CM - Jack Rodwell
CM - Will Hughes
AMR - Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
AMC - Jack Wilshere
AML - Gareth Bale or Tom Ince
ST - Danny Welbeck

This was when the game first came out and I got Bale for 27m first season before anyone asks.

Maybe not with Spurs, but I've bought Wilshere twice with United in the first season mate :D

If you are thinking of buying a lot of the players that have been mentioned, then I suggest starting with United, I have managed to buy Wilshere, Chamberlain and Bale in one first season before, having sold Nani, Valencia, Anderson and a couple of others

even at that point in first season you could have a team something like this:

GK: De Gea

DF:Jones, Smalling, Ferdinand/Evans, Evra

MD:Chamberlain, Wilshere, Carrick Rooney, Bale

FW:Welbeck

Just to top it off for the first season you could bring in Neil Taylor for LB(just 5m or so), leaving just a suitable GK remaing

In actual fact, I think I'm gonna start a game like this with United right now :p

Last edited:
James Tomkins from West Ham is a really good CB with pretty high PA. I did an all British Arsenal save and he averaged at least a 7.5 rating every year for his career. Only draw back is he is slightly injury prone. Pretty cheap as well.

Fraser Forster and Leighton Baines are must haves for United, if you do this.

I usually go for stoke when I've tried this... lots of players you can get rid of but you already have a british core

Butland, Shawcross, Crouch, Pennant etc

Better challenge imo than a club with loads of money ... sign players like Kilgallon and see if you can avoid relegation then progress from there

My team so far

Butland
Walker Smalling Jones Baines
Zaha Wilshire Fletcher Young
Rooney Welbeck