Best over achievers you have seen so far?

andretheace

Reaction score
Just like the title says tell us about the teams that you have witnessed over achieving, long or short term.
Myself im currently managing St Albans and sitting in 8th spot 3 points behind 3rd place 10 games in. I looked over to the premier league and did a double take when i saw Crystal Palace in 1st place with 12 goals scored and 1 againts haha.

I'm in November 2019, and Brighton are top of the Premier league. Currently leading Man Utd by a point.

The Brighton story is great.

In my game Schalke are now legitimately one of the greatest clubs in football. They kept Draxler, Meyer, Goretzka and they're all top players, plus they have a lot of other stars like Barbosa.
They are ranked as the 3rd best club in the world after Bayern and Barcelona.

That Brighton team have a pretty good regen striker banging in goals for them.

Will keep an eye out through the season and see how they do. FYI Arsenal are about 16th in the league. They did similarly bad at the start of the season, sacked their manager and finished 4th. Wondering if they can manage that again this season...

Liverpool currently fighting Man City and Arsenal for Champions league spots:

f5b8ece0fc3f4d9224eae5cfdb4df9db.png

They are genuinely a mid-table team, their best player is Coutinho - and he has turned out **** because he broke his leg twice in a row in 2015. He's still pretty good but not as good as he is on most saves.

Brandon Rodgers remains at the helm. This is an over achievement:

6a21962e2f6a06c804d7e4f62f3c1f1f.png

I'm managing Colombia as of December, 2019 - yet to play a game, I managed Italy and United before that winning the world cup with Italy, now Colombia + United as I felt that Italy have no chance for Qatar due to Brazil's regens with Neymar and they have no real defence. I think Colombia have the youth to compete in Qatar and not just the group stages.

Not sure I would call Liverpool fighting for CL spots overachieving... They've been doing that for a couple decades now, and that's only because they got surpassed.

As for international rankings, Columbia has been pushed down from the top spot in my save.

View attachment 310448

I've seen England win the Euro Championship and the World Cup. Does that count?

Tranmere have won League 2 by a country mile in my last 2 saves

I have won the Champions League with Feyenoord in my first season on my save. Healthy dose of luck in the knockout phase after a tremendous group stage, where we progressed in favour of Man City. Won the final 2-1 versus Shakhtar - who would've predicted that final. So there's basically two overachievers here.
Aside from that, Genoa won the league in Italy.

Saint-Etienne have a 5 star reputation along with Bayern Munich and Barca, Im in 2019-20 and they won the french league last year, finished 3rd the season before. Im guessing its down to a take over but they haven't really achieved much.

Leverkusen have won the German league twice which doesnt seem like an over achievement but it is they had never one the league before.

Colombia won the 2018 world cup.

1st Season, Despite finishing 13th in the Championship, Norwich managed to win the FA Cup!

On My Chelsea Save In The 1st Season Lille Got To The Champions League Final And Q.P.R Were Second In October

My Watford squad won the Capital One Cup in the 1st season whilst in the Championship beating Chelsea on the way to the final (also won promotion but that isn't an overachievement).

England winning all the international competitions on my save. They seem to bully everyone in international games. Completely overachieving and unrealistic.
They even have ancelotti as the manager