W4NKER

Reaction score
With a change to the tactic set up in FM14 it seems that individual player settings will play a bigger role. So post here the best role and individual settings that have got the best out of your players.

In January and I have settled on some roles for Man Utd players which has so far brought the best out of them (even returning Evra and Valencia to the form of old).

Those are some of my best performers but it is still early days.

Post yours up.

Any tips on getting the best out off RVP?? Tried Complete Forward and Poacher but not clicking so far

I had Kagawa playing LAM as andvanced playmaker (attack) and I added 3 player instructions which were sit narrower and pass it shorter and he scored a goal basically every game he was unreal. Although I have no screenshots as my laptop crashed 10 games in and I turned auto save off lol.

With so many individual instructions, are you then doing a balanced, rigid approach, while using individual instructions to shape the play? Or are you using team instructions as well?

Edit: This is of course adressing W4NKER

Edit2: Love the idea that it seems like you can "Automate" your tactics even more, having sets of Team Instructions ready to be applied on the fly, when situations change in a game, and having roles of players and individual instructions of players be automatic after set up, when making substitutions.

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm the sort of player who plays Shadow Striker in the real game? Fomr the position description it reads like a Deep Lying Poacher, lol..

I had Kagawa playing LAM as andvanced playmaker (attack) and I added 3 player instructions which were sit narrower and pass it shorter and he scored a goal basically every game he was unreal. Although I have no screenshots as my laptop crashed 10 games in and I turned auto save off lol.
Interesting. I've been playing him as ML winger with decent results but I'll try this.

With so many individual instructions, are you then doing a balanced, rigid approach, while using individual instructions to shape the play? Or are you using team instructions as well?

Edit: This is of course adressing W4NKER

Edit2: Love the idea that it seems like you can "Automate" your tactics even more, having sets of Team Instructions ready to be applied on the fly, when situations change in a game, and having roles of players and individual instructions of players be automatic after set up, when making substitutions.
No, quite a few team instructions.

View attachment 463800
Really working well. 17 points clear in the league, won League Cup and into the Champions League final :D

Can anyone confirm the sort of player who plays Shadow Striker in the real game? Fomr the position description it reads like a Deep Lying Poacher, lol..
Yea that is a strange one!

Scouting the top players in game show Gotze, Ozil and Oscar as among the best shadow strikers but none of them I would consider "the main goalscoring threat" (unless they mean goals AND assists)

Holy moly that's a lot of instructions!
Only looks that way on the new system.

Shorter passing = shorter passing
Work ball into box = less long shots
Drill Crosses = Aim at near post (i think)
Play out of defence = shorter passing/more possession
Hassle opponents = press more
Get stuck in = hard tackling
Tight marking and offside used to be a tick of a box on the old one.

Just imagine each one of those instructions moving the old sliders a few notches left or right

Yea that is a strange one!

Scouting the top players in game show Gotze, Ozil and Oscar as among the best shadow strikers but none of them I would consider "the main goalscoring threat" (unless they mean goals AND assists)

Ahh I wonder if it means the sort of Kevin Nolan (no idea why he came to mind first but hey), type player, goes past a target/leading man... to be the main focus.. might work nice with a False Nine/DLF, think Tevez up top with Aguero running past him when the ball moves forward, a tandem drop off striker and forward runner.. oooh..

Only looks that way on the new system.

Shorter passing = shorter passing
Work ball into box = less long shots
Drill Crosses = Aim at near post (i think)
Play out of defence = shorter passing/more possession
Hassle opponents = press more
Get stuck in = hard tackling
Tight marking and offside used to be a tick of a box on the old one.

Just imagine each one of those instructions moving the old sliders a few notches left or right

very true. gonna be very interesting to learn this new system

You mind uploading your tactic W4NKER? Would like to study this one in detail. Or if you want to do that "private", you can Always PM me here. I'm trying to work on a nice 3-5-2 tactic atm, got it all in my head, but have to work it out on FM when I have time in a few hours.

W4nker any chance for more attacking standard 442 tactic for home matches ?

For those asking for uploaded tactics, please use the subforum ( or preferably wait until the full game is released ;) )

Any tips on getting the best out off RVP?? Tried Complete Forward and Poacher but not clicking so far

Ok so I'm only a few games in but in a 4-4-1-1 I've been using Van Persie up top with Rooney behind.
Van Persie scored 8 goals in 5 games with 1 assist. Rooney 4 goals in 5 games with 1 assist.
STC role: Deep lying forward attack more risky passes shoots more often and moves into channels
AMC role: Shadow striker attack more risky passes move into channels (+ mark tighter and tackle harder).

This seems to be working for me. Won every game so far including PSG at home in the champions league 5-0 (2 RVP 2 Rooney 1 Evans). Made my tactic completely around getting the best out of these 2 positions since Van Persie and Rooney are Man Utd's 2 best players (and Kagawa at ML wide mid attack cutting inside roaming direct and dribble more has given me 1 goal and 4 assists in 6 games too).

Games seems easy (to me or for my tactics?) so far, scored at least 3 goals in each of my first 6 games and had 3 clean sheets.

XeNoNF50 could you please post your tactic ?

XeNoNF50 could you please post your tactic ?

Mate, I just wrote the following

"For those asking for uploaded tactics, please use the subforum ( or preferably wait until the full game is released
wink.gif
)"

Either use the subforum or send him a pm. If not we will see a floodgate scenraio where every thread turns into a request thread, and his even before the game is released .

Cheers

Interesting. I've been playing him as ML winger with decent results but I'll try this.

No, quite a few team instructions.

View attachment 397686
Really working well. 17 points clear in the league, won League Cup and into the Champions League final :D

What are the blue and yellow icons next to the tactical roles? I'm still getting to grips with the layout of FM14.

What are the blue and yellow icons next to the tactical roles? I'm still getting to grips with the layout of FM14.
Blue means he is set as team instructions.

Yellow means he has his own individual settings

too many pass backs from the regista role, i switch it to half back so schneiderlin plays there (was jonathon dos santos) pushed dos santos into CM with support role with big Victor as ball winning defender defending duty and using two inside forward instructed to sit narrower while lambert plays as a false 9...just won 5-0 away to aston villa ramierez on the right is flying!