Best Player Won't Sign A New Contract. Help?

Reaction score
As the title states my best player just won't sign a new contract with me. It's understandable because as you can see he's currently on £19,500 pw taking up 17% of my total player wages, but with the new contract I can only offer him a maximum of £9,500 pw. I have tried pretty much everything I can think off in the negotiations, the board increased the wage budget as well but he still won't accept it. Also it doesn't help that his agent is very impatient and he dislikes me.

View attachment 316241 View attachment 316239

So is there anything I can do to improve my chances of him signing the contract or is he doomed for free agency?

P.S I have £23.64k available in wages.

Last edited:
Try to sell some players. Get wages off. Even realese maybe?
Offer him more clauses maybe?

The problem is the clubs not really in a position to start releasing players because the finances are pretty rubbish and I've already sold some players off. I have to pay around £300k a month on debts on top of all the wages etc and I'm jumping from 'Insecure' to 'Okay' financially all the time. I've offered him the best contract I can give without risking the finances even more.

I reckon I'll get promoted to the Liga BBVA, unless something goes drastically wrong and I get a plague of injuries or something. But with December just around the corner I don't want him signing a pre-contract with another club for free, if I can avoid it.

Last edited:
thats the life of a lower division manager. a lot of times guys are not able to be signed for financial reasons and sometimes they just want to go somewhere else.

if you dont think you will be able to sign him, you might want to think about selling him so you dont lose him for nothing. you also might be able to sign him with the influx of cash you will receive from being promoted

thats the life of a lower division manager. a lot of times guys are not able to be signed for financial reasons and sometimes they just want to go somewhere else.

if you dont think you will be able to sign him, you might want to think about selling him so you dont lose him for nothing. you also might be able to sign him with the influx of cash you will receive from being promoted

Yep, buts that's why I enjoy LLM there's so much more to do than with the Real Madrid's etc.

Looks like I'll just have to hope no one is interested in signing him on a pre-contract in January and get him back again in free agency because I can't get near to the wages he wants at the moment, if not I can just get someone else instead... Oh well.