Boobr

Reaction score
This is the problem i'm gonna face pretty soon. In couple of in-game months Neymar is gonna join my team, but here's the deal: i don't acctually know on what position should i put him on.

People always mention two positions when talking about Neymar - Winger and Striker/Poacher. In my team both of those positions are occupied by players worse than him, and so i need more specifics. Should i put him as my Winger or my Striker? Do you guys have any experience with different positioning of Neymar.

Thank you for responses.

I use him as AML IF attack and he has been my best player for the last three years

I used him as a striker/poacher and he scored 196 league goals for me in about 10 seasons. Absolute beast as a striker, slightly gutted i've sold him tbh.

He is extremely dangerous on the on the left wing regardless of situation. He is very quick and has the ability to dribble into the box to shoot/pass so yes he makes one of the most awesome inside forward. But him as a striker, I would say he is good in some situation. Haven't actually use him before, but I have seen my brother who also play FM13 use him. Be prepared to sub him out on some matches because he is good in most situation. But if you play him against my current arsenal defense. I would say he will most probably underperform. He can't play as well against world class defenders who are quick, good tactically(positioning, anticipation and marking, physical, good tackler). Not saying that he is sure to underperform but if you want a striker, you are better off getting Olivier giroud, leandro damiao, Edison cavini for poacher/complete forward. I hope what I said helps. I am only naming players of high reputation because well neymar has a great reputation. :) Anyway he is beast against team that can't defend against him when he poach. He can amaze you so ****** much you won't understand how come against world class defenders he didn't do the same...

Last edited:
I signed Neymar for £61million on my Man Utd save, Been deadly. I been playing him as a poacher, Won Player of the Year, Premiership Player of the Year and top scorer nearly got golden boot as well but that went to Young. He played 39 games scored 41 goals and got 18 assists. Absolutely beautiful play.

I used him as a striker/poacher and he scored 196 league goals for me in about 10 seasons. Absolute beast as a striker, slightly gutted i've sold him tbh.

19.6 league goals a year isn't that good for the money Neymar costs...

On my Dortmund save I got him around 3rd season & I'm now in my sixth season... I've used him for the past 3 years & he does great whatever position he plays out of AML or ST. He's took the Balon d'Or of Messi for the past 2 years, won golden boot in nearly every competition. He's insanely effective in both positions, my suggestion would be try him yourself in both positions & see what you think is better for your team.

I think it is. To have a consistent goal scoring record like that is phenomenal, plus you have to remember he will also assist..

I think it is. To have a consistent goal scoring record like that is phenomenal, plus you have to remember he will also assist..

As a striker, it's unlikely he will assist much. Plus if I was to spend £30m+ on a striker I would want more than that...

Just my opinion, although I agree it is very impressive to be so consistant, I would rather buy someone else for the same or less, who would get 20-25 goals a season for 5 years, then sell him and for the money I got buy another who would score 20-25 goals a season for 5 years...

On my Dortmund save I got him around 3rd season & I'm now in my sixth season... I've used him for the past 3 years & he does great whatever position he plays out of AML or ST. He's took the Balon d'Or of Messi for the past 2 years, won golden boot in nearly every competition. He's insanely effective in both positions, my suggestion would be try him yourself in both positions & see what you think is better for your team.

here you go

Well he was a prolific goal scorer and most seasons scored more than 19 league goals, it was 196 LEAGUE goals, not counting the numerous cup and domestic goals too. :)

As a striker, it's unlikely he will assist much. Plus if I was to spend £30m+ on a striker I would want more than that...

Just my opinion, although I agree it is very impressive to be so consistant, I would rather buy someone else for the same or less, who would get 20-25 goals a season for 5 years, then sell him and for the money I got buy another who would score 20-25 goals a season for 5 years...

Also assisted alot with the formation i was using, so wasn't too bad haha

I suppose we differ in opinion on that then :)