Preparing for FM11 – What kind of discussion threads would you like to see ?

TheBetterHalf

Patient Moderator
Reaction score
Preparing for FM11 – What kind of discussion threads would you like to see ?

As FM11 is only a few months away, I think I t would be wise to get some feedback from the members on this this forum. As its is now, the tactic section lacks in discussion threads that are more in- depth and we can all see the result. The “What tactic suits my team” are overcrowded with requests and there is an unbalance between these requests and answers.

As an answer to this problem, I intend to start some discussion threads when FM11 is out so that the most common subjects stays alive and users can get an input form different posters sharing their own angel, approaches and solutions as how to play the game.Hopefully, this will encourage more people to do the same. Needless to say, all threads should of course be starting with an in-depth opening post and the TS should be devoted to the thread

Here are some examples of discussions that could turn into great threads

- The 4231( or any other formation) – How we play it

- Setting up a watertight defence.

- Setting up a tactic around my star player

- How we use our wingers: The difference between a WB M, AM or FC

-Everton(or any other team) – Different approaches how to play to the strength of the team

Can you think of any more subjects that are not too specific ( i.e , like how to use berbatov) that we could all learn from ?

What links in team instructions. I get alot of PM's about that.

What links in team instructions. I get alot of PM's about that.

Yes, thats another kind of thread that would be usefull. Are you talking about how the shouts effects different settings or what tweaks to the closing down that should follow a pushed up d-line for example ?

Yes, thats another kind of thread that would be usefull. Are you talking about how the shouts effects different settings or what tweaks to the closing down that should follow a pushed up d-line for example ?
Yeah pretty much. Also what links in the actual team instructions, e.g attacking football goes with aggressive play and direct football mostly, and defensive football goes with cautious, shorter passing etc.

i hear there will be new roles in the TC if millie has has his way :). we will need to talk about them too.
also i'd like to see an organised effort in recreating tactics/styles from real life.

Something for help with individual player instructions. I am not aware of a thread like this.

i hear there will be new roles in the TC if millie has has his way :). we will need to talk about them too.
also i'd like to see an organised effort in recreating tactics/styles from real life.

I think that this one is an absolute must. To make a rip off from over at "millies place".. ;d

Contemporary - Arsenal - Wenger etc etc

"FM 2012 improvements."

Nah, seriously.
I`m sure a thread about the new training system would be in order, seeing as you finally can train single stats now.

"What stat should I focus on with player X?"

Something for help with individual player instructions. I am not aware of a thread like this.

I think that this thread is too big a subject as the combinations are too many. This thread would probably have 50 questions for every answer
Could it be tuned down into something more concrete ?

"FM 2012 improvements."

Nah, seriously.
I`m sure a thread about the new training system would be in order, seeing as you finally can train single stats now.

"What stat should I focus on with player X?"
raikan will handle that on the players section

I don't know how to explain it, but like, when you make a new tactic, and it goes brilliantly well for 6/7 games, then it suddenly all goes downhill, perhaps we could have some help on how to make a more better tactic that succeeds over a longer amount of time?

I think that this thread is too big a subject as the combinations are too many. This thread would probably have 50 questions for every answer
Could it be tuned down into something more concrete ?

Yeah, true.

Will try and think of a more definate idea.

I don't know how to explain it, but like, when you make a new tactic, and it goes brilliantly well for 6/7 games, then it suddenly all goes downhill, perhaps we could have some help on how to make a more better tactic that succeeds over a longer amount of time?

This I think, will be fundamental in some of the threads.How to build a tactic that is based on the current circumstances and how to deal with the fact that teams suddenly are playing cautious against you.

This I think, will be fundamental in some of the threads.How to build a tactic that is based on the current circumstances and how to deal with teams suddenly playing cautious against you.

Ahh, right, cheers. :)

I think that these kind of threads will be hugely appreciated as most people wants to make tactics themselves but as they lack in understanding of the game mechanisms and don't have the time or urge to learn by trial & error, new patch, trial and error, new patch trial and error. If there are these threads around, that explains the basics of the game, regardless of patches, then more people will be able to enjoy the game for a longer time.

I for one will probably not upload any tactics for FM11, only handing out help for those who needs it and build tactics around specific players or specific teams

Team threads, make a section for each team(atleast top10) so ppl don't have to ask 5 times a day about x-y-z team and how to set it up.

like other games do for classes / races w/e so there is a trail back for playrs to see the evolution of stratgies for the team and how/why it's *best* as ***

Team threads, make a section for each team(atleast top10) so ppl don't have to ask 5 times a day about x-y-z team and how to set it up.

like other games do for classes / races w/e so there is a trail back for playrs to see the evolution of strategies for the team and how/why it's *best* as ***

Another good idea. These threads would call for a sub-forum in the tactic section though, like this

Tactic section
Sub-forum - Team threads

or perhaps this way

Tactic section (containing the discussion threads and team threads)
sub-forum - Uploaded tactics

A change like this would not be up to the moderators or the posters though. That decision lies with Sean ( and Kris ?) and it has to be absolutely established that it will be a long term benefit for the site

Last edited:
Another good idea. These threads would call for a sub-forum in the tactic section though, like this

Tactic section
Sub-forum - Team threads

or perhaps this way

Tactic section (containing the discussion threads and team threads)
sub-forum - Uploaded tactics

A change like this would not be up to the moderators or the posters though. That decision lies with Sean ( and Kris ?) and it has to be absolutely established that it will be a long term benefit for the site

both methods would work imo,and i have no doubt that it would be beneficial in the long run