Preparing for FM11 – What kind of discussion threads would you like to see ?

Without wanting to just re-iterate what's already been said, or wanting to 'rip off' FM-Britain too much, i always like to re-create team's styles IRL, like Arsenal, England - whoever i play with really, and so team threads would be really helpful.

Also: I think TBHs first Tactic section option:
Tactic section
Sub-forum - Team threads...

Aaand: More discussion on the different strategies: when to use them, and why..
Just a thought.

with the demo only a couple of weeks off, thought I'd bump this incase anyone had any new ideas or requests. For my part I'll be using the demo time to write an ultra detailed guide for manchester united, and trying to replicate their tactics.

with the demo only a couple of weeks off, thought I'd bump this incase anyone had any new ideas or requests. For my part I'll be using the demo time to write an ultra detailed guide for manchester united, and trying to replicate their tactics.

Might try and do the same for Arsenal :)

But yeah, just what I posted above.

I think im correct in saying there will be no "Tactical Theorems 11", I think alot of people lac in the basics of creating a tactic for example; Some people may start as wigan and play 4-2-4 overload, which, if you want to be successful, you really cant do.
I think a thread that shows how to go about making a successful tactic, and the basis behind them.

I think im correct in saying there will be no "Tactical Theorems 11", I think alot of people lac in the basics of creating a tactic for example for example; Some people may start as wigan and play 4-2-4 overload, which, if you want to be succesful, you really cant do.
I think a thread that shows how to go about making a successful tactic, and the basis behind them

No more TT. However, undoubtedly someone will create a 'Tactic Building' thread/guide, as it is a foundation of any decent FM player.

A thread or perhaps a content in a bigger thread could be " The partnership", the way you could setup 2 or 3 players interacting and setting up space for each other.

Example:
- The deeplying playmaker and the winger on his flank
- The Fullback and the target man on the same flank within a narrow formation
- The False nine and the incutting winger

A thread or perhaps a content in a bigger thread could be " The partnership", the way you could setup 2 or 3 players interacting and setting up space for each other.

Example:
- The deeplying playmaker and the winger on his flank
- The Fullback and the target man on the same flank within a narrow formation
- The False nine and the incutting winger
agreed. a lots of people forget about the interplay of the various positions on the pitch

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

also have noticed there are lots of good half guides, like "how to make a solid defence" Think it would be good if we could collate these into one place so maybe we have 5 or 6 super guides

also have noticed there are lots of good half guides, like "how to make a solid defence" Think it would be good if we could collate these into one place so maybe we have 5 or 6 super guides

Perhaps a sticky linking to all the threads that have an indepth opening.

How about an induvidual player guide, like what ppms,price of the player, age he usually peaks, roles etc suit a player. Since there are soooo many threads in fm 2010 about certain good players, maybe in fm 11, the link to the thread could be in a sticky, so all you have to do is go to the sticky and CTRL + F the player's name and viola you just got a load of info about him.

Maybe there should be 3 levels, level 1 being the top division, 2 being the lower middles, 3 being the absolute bottom division.

How about an induvidual player guide, like what ppms,price of the player, age he usually peaks, roles etc suit a player. Since there are soooo many threads in fm 2010 about certain good players, maybe in fm 11, the link to the thread could be in a sticky, so all you have to do is go to the sticky and CTRL + F the player's name and viola you just got a load of info about him.

Maybe there should be 3 levels, level 1 being the top division, 2 being the lower middles, 3 being the absolute bottom division.
That would be more suited to the players section rather than tactics.

OT: Perhaps a guide to tweaking tactics - like what to look for when you are making slight adjustments ect.

Thread moved here instead. Please read the opening post and come with suggestions :d

Thanks

S

a few more threads in the section :p

maybe some threads on training schedules, maybe a guide on how to do them?

a few more threads in the section :p

maybe some threads on training schedules, maybe a guide on how to do them?

What kind of discussion thread about training would you like to see ? As your request/suggestions is now, its basiclly " write me a guide on exactly how to do it" ;D

Is there already a thread on : striker roles that complement each other ?

ie. if you are playing 2 strikers, should you play a poacher with target man, will 2 poachers work together etc

Is there already a thread on : striker roles that complement each other ?

ie. if you are playing 2 strikers, should you play a poacher with target man, will 2 poachers work together etc

Nope, but have a look in post nr 28 in this thread, i.e its coming :D..

Which advanced tactical instructions do and don't work together.

e.g.
High defensive line + play offside trap work well
Slow tempo + counter attack may not work so well

Another good idea. These threads would call for a sub-forum in the tactic section though, like this

Tactic section
Sub-forum - Team threads

or perhaps this way

Tactic section (containing the discussion threads and team threads)
sub-forum - Uploaded tactics

A change like this would not be up to the moderators or the posters though. That decision lies with Sean ( and Kris ?) and it has to be absolutely established that it will be a long term benefit for the site

A sub-forum for teams won't be happening because to be honest any team can potentially play in any way you want with minimal changes in personnel.

The idea of a sub-forum for uploaded tactics might be useful though to keep them separated from the various other threads.