Best Role for Atletico Madrid Koke and Jackson Martinez

joeyBanana

Reaction score
Hey guys,

since im tinkering around with a tactic for Atletico, im looking forward for some advice on Koke and Jackson Martinez.

Most players use Koke as Wide Playmaker or Advanced / DLP in the Central Midfield. But his PPM to play short simple passes as a playmaker bugs me. He makes great runs, gets the ball, then he just waits and plays a safe 5 metre pass to the defensive midfielder. So im thinking about using him as a Box-to-Box Midfielder or Roaming Playmaker for example, since a RP makes the plays off his movement, not by creative passing. What do you think?

The next player is Jackson Martinez. The question is: Complete Forward, Defensive Forward or Target Man ? I would like to play a patient, strong defensive System, pulling off fast counters and strong crosses, just like Simeone played the season with Diego Costa. What do you think would represent my idea the best way, out of these 3 roles? Im playing with a winger in the right midfield and Griezmann behind him as Shadow Striker. I imagine Martinez as Strong Forward, laying off to the Runners or go for himself, if he cant pass the ball.

Thx in advance!!!

roaming playmaker for koke, advanced forward for martinez

I will consider using DLF for Martinez. It's a role that enables him to hold up the ball and Griezmann to get ahead of him. DF is good as well if you want to press from the front.

For Koke, I will even consider a winger role given how good his crossing is. If you want him in CM position, I will go with RP. B2B at times just shoot too much and adding Koke PPM of shoot from distance, he will shoot alot more.