lBrian

Reaction score
Which Role is best suited for Smolarek? and which side should he play left or right?

2pyrech.png

as you can see he hasn't been on scoring form.

Also which tactic would suit my team best?
11lpweq.png

Clough Tactics 2010, Goals Galore 2010 or Jp Woody V1? or you guys could recommend me one;)

He's better up front on his own as Advanced Forward IMO.

I don't have a good formation for a lone striker, after watching Smolarek play hes a very greedy player. Anyone know a good tactic which uses a lone striker?

i play him for my Norwich team on the left, advanced striker, and hes my highest goal scorer with 21 in 28 games :D

I play Smolarek as the deep-lying forward, good first touch, passing, anticipation means he can link midfield and attack quite nicely.

In my game I use Smolarek as a deep lying forward (left side) with a target man next to him! He's been a revelation for me so far, though I havent started my championship season yet...
The only thing whilst him playing that role is his inconsistency is quite frustrating, but when he's on a good patch, he really bangs em in!

A deep lying forward is only effective against certain teams, so make sure that the opponent isnt playing a DM that will look to cut off his supply.

A deep lying forward is only effective against certain teams, so make sure that the opponent isnt playing a DM that will look to cut off his supply.

That's so true!! Took me a while to figure why the **** I was struggling with teams playing 4-5-1!

he does not make a good deep lying forward due to his poor work rate and teamwork imo. i noticed that he's a little selfish and likes to have a go himself most of the time

!!!! Ebi Smolarek !!!! he is jus simply the greatest performer of all ever since i know FM. I really don't know why exactly he's performing with this level of quality!!!! Maybe its bcoz I'm playing the lower league for the first time or he only performs only in the lower leagues such as Cocacola Championship. He's been amaizing through out the season. Scored about 54 goals in 41 league matches and totalling 58 in the current season with NC United. yet a couple of matchs to go. I still gatta find out how he performs in the EPL. lol

IMO...he is best when you play him at the right and sometimes in the middle of the game switching to left comes in handy if ther isn't any score yet.

3-6-1 is the best formation for a lone forward like Smolarek and pushing 2 of the DMC as MC worked fine with me...Smolarek Scored 2 with 2 AM. However, i've seen him most DEADLY while he played with a partner with some real strength. Hope it works for you.

BTW, I actually signed Smolarek in a free transfer while struggling to find any better forward, not just bcoz of their lack of interest its bcoz NCU board din't allow a penny to start the season with NC in FM 2010...lol