SamNewby

Reaction score
Well I've decided to go a new team in a new league I've been all the main FM teams Man United, Man City, Barca and Madrid... Just looking for a change was thinking about going Anzhi Makhachkala (The team Samuel Eto'o plays for) anyone got any other ideas?

CSKA are the best i'd say, good squad overall and some real quality players

If your wanting a real challenge then Anzhi are the team to be! theyve got strong financial backing but due to their reputation cannot really attract the big names, despite having etoo.

CSKA isn't a challenge at all! They are LOADED. Terek, Anji, Khaborvansk, Shinnik, Rostov. Heck, I've had a great time keeping Mordovia up after getting them promoted. I have definitely enjoyed the Russian League. You get players from everywhere (pay close attention to Hungary, Bulgaria, Czech R.).

Problem with the russian league is their ridiculous league restriction rule of having half your match squad composed of local players
That's only made worse by the fact that there just aren't many talented russian players and the ones that exist aren't interested in switching clubs
CSKA and Zenit can fight through this due to their reputation but the others are pretty screwed and would require a helluva lot of patience until good regens show up and you poach them (this atleast is not that bad - Russia gets tons of good regens)

When I inherited my team, the youth squad had 2 re-gens that were pretty amazing and were 16 and 17 years old. now they are 20 and 19 and both 4.5 stars starting every game they possibly can. But, the thing that took me over the top is that I got a re-gen GK on a free that had been in the CSKA system (alwys check their cuts) who at 19 became a 5 star GK and now the press is calling him a future Russian legend. I just locked him up for 3 more years but that will probably be the last contract I'll be able to sign him on. On my 25 person squad, I only have 2 players over 23. Re-gens rock!