Status
Not open for further replies.

JFurnival

Reaction score
Best Spanish speaking Goalkeeper?

Preferably EU national / 2nd nationality is EU.

Preferably affordable.

I've heard Fredrico Vilar is very good, but looking for someone a bit quicker, who could play sweeper keeper if necessary...

Cheers.

Oscar Ustari
Guillermo Ochoa

Its obvious who the best one is really, but as you used the words 'preferably affordable' i assume you dont have the budget to buy Casillas? Ochoa and Ustari have th epotential to become world class.

What team are you and how much do you have to spend?

Last edited:
I'd say Ochoa starts world class tbh, Sergio Asenjo might be faairly cheap towards the start of the game I'm not sure. Also doesn't Mandanda play in Spain? Somewhere blue... I assume he's picked up Spanish in his time there but again I'm not sure on a price as once you go Ochoa you don't go back..oa

Ustari, Ochoa and Romero; all Spanish speaking, all affordable [Romero might not be] and all brilliant.

Squad looks like this -

GK - Moya / Cesar
RB - Miguel / Bruno
LB - Mathieu / (Victor)
CB - Marchena / Dealbert
CB - Alexis / D. Navarro
MC - Cambiasso (lol!) / Banega
MC - M. Fernandes / Albelda
AMC (L) - Buonanotte / Vicente (club-grown player)
AMC (C) - Silva / Mata
AMC (R) - A. Dominguez / P. Hernandez (club-grown)
ST - Villa / Juan Pablo

I'd say Ochoa starts world class tbh, Sergio Asenjo might be faairly cheap towards the start of the game I'm not sure. Also doesn't Mandanda play in Spain? Somewhere blue... I assume he's picked up Spanish in his time there but again I'm not sure on a price as once you go Ochoa you don't go back..oa

Mandanda plays in france for Marseille

perhaps Kameni? He plays in La Liga so he may speak spanish.

Have about £6m to spend, with the budget adjusted.

Don't really know why I signed Cambiasso - kind of wanted to see what the reaction would be - but I've ONLY just done that, and saved just before signing. So might revert to pre-Cambiasso days - he cost £42m and commands 90k / week.

I think of equal importance is to have a quick defender or two - Spanish speaking again if possible - would like to sign Zapata - Velez want £13m+ for Otamendi...

If I were you I wouldn't sign Otamendi, he gets high stats but i've never had him preform over a rating of 7 overall in a season.

I went back and canceled the Cambiasso transfer - I think it's too early in the game (first transfer window) to sign someone as high profile as he is.

So I now have a bit of money to spend - I want a fast, spanish speaking CB, and a very good spanish speaking GK. Only one of these can be non-EU, however.

Could also do with another (spanish speaking) fast striker to deputise for Villa - was thinking about Muniain? I know I can get him for ~£15m...

You can easily get Ustari, his release clause is 5.25 million

I'm thinking about getting Ustari (EU), and Zapata (non-EU) - anyone got any better suggestions?

I'm not averse to getting Ochoa - but if I sign him then I have to sign a EU, spanish speaking CB

It only takes most players a few months to learn a language, and very often players will have Spanish (basic) listed as a language from the day they sign for you.

I appreciate that Jake. But I'm trying to build a purely spanish speaking team nonetheless.

It's something I did in FM09, and something I'd like to recreate in 10. I find that the players will gel a lot quicker, and I feel like I'm building more than just a team.

Maybe it's something I'll bend (break) later on, as I did in 09 (Ronaldo, Sakho...) - but I think whilst I can get away with it at the beginning of the game, it's something I'm going to go for.

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

For the record, I bought:

Ustari - £5.25m
Zapata - £20m
Muniain - £16m

David de Gea - Atletico Madrid
Sergio Asenjo - Atletico Madrid
Federico Vilar
Carlos Kameni?

Thread closed, OP has already purchased players :)

Status
Not open for further replies.