Best Support Band

Gregor

like a (super) mod
Reaction score
Whats the best support band youve saw live that you didnt know or knew little about before going to the gig that you like now?

Was trying to think earlier at a gig, Ive seen **** Buttons and Bat for Lashes that I now like, quite enjoyed **** Buttons but B4L were really **** on a big stage, sound was lost in the wind really.

dunno
dunno
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Bloc Party ftw, well first album, gradually got meh'r

I saw Mcfly supporting before XD, when I was 9 I think..

I saw Three Days Grace who i dont like but they are popular so i will consider them good, and i also saw the feeling supporting, and the Jam, i love the jam

i saw a band called Prima Donna support Green Day back in October. They are a kind of Punk Rock band with a 50s/60s twist. i was expecting the worst but they have really catchy tunes and great guitar solos

I saw Three Days Grace who i dont like but they are popular so i will consider them good, and i also saw the feeling supporting, and the Jam, i love the jam

You saw The Jam supporting? No you didnt because The Jam are from the 70s/80s, unless theres a new band called The Jam i dont know about haha. Was it From The Jam you saw mate? I'm a massive Paul Weller fan.

You saw The Jam supporting? No you didnt because The Jam are from the 70s/80s, unless theres a new band called The Jam i dont know about haha. Was it From The Jam you saw mate? I'm a massive Paul Weller fan.

I take it he means from the Jam or w/e the latest Jam bands called w/o Weller

I'd have thought that too, bit of a gimmick really if you ask me. Not the same without Weller!

Best support band i've ever seen are Shy Child when I went to see Klaxons. They were better than the main act.

Forward Russia were good too when they supported Biffy Clyro a few years ago.

Love the Klaxons. Never saw as a support act though

hmm possibly paul weller then, all i remember was hearing the words " The Jam" It was late and i was tired, it may have said "Paul Weller from the jam" want me to check with my dad?

hmm possibly paul weller then, all i remember was hearing the words " The Jam" It was late and i was tired, it may have said "Paul Weller from the jam" want me to check with my dad?

It was probs Weller mate he plays quite a few of his older songs, moreso nowadays. Twisted Wheel supported him last year, they were pretty decent.

Some Icelandic band called Leaves when i went to see Supergrass, bought every one of the albums since. Mystery Jets when i saw The Futureheads and Keane when i saw Travis, amazing live.

Edguy, should never have been supporting Dragonforce in the first place. Everyone was all fuzzing over DF though and an epic band like Edguy are not well known here.

The crowd however were all clearly Edguy fans and they blew us away before DF came on. Only time i think i will ever see a support band pwn the main act.

seen black eyed peas supporting Christina Aguilera, however black eyed peas are not really a band

Copy Haho were pretty good, off the top of my head.
The Killers support was the worst i've ever seen. They made up for it though :D