city4lyf

Reaction score
I am starting a new game with southampton and i want to play 4-2-3-1 with 3 amc's is there any plug and play tactics available as it's coming to crunch time in uni and this is just used a stress relief until it's all over!! or has any one had any success with certain formations at southampton, i wan't to make use of the amazing amc players they have at their disposal!!

Not sure this would count as "plug-and-play" exactly, but I've just won the Premier League, Europa League and Capital One Cup in season 2018/19 with The Saints - to add to two FA Cups, one Community Shield, two Capital One runners-up medals and a 3rd place in the Prem from previous seasons:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ics/158222-you-need-more-than-one-tactic.html

I've always found 4-2-3-1 to be too open in central midfield, especially when playing as a middle-ranking team like Saints. Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal etc will pick you off easily if you don't play something more restrained - at least to begin with. I've always liked the 4-5-1 Assymetric system because it gives you one of everything (DM, MC, WM, AM_R, AM_C, S); it populates both the defensive and offensive areas of the midfield and lends itself to both attacking and counter-attacking styles. I explain this system in detail in my thread.

Now that I've played a few seasons and developed the squad quite a lot, I'm most often using 4-4-1-1 with James Ward-Prowse as Deep-Lying Playmaker alongside Morgan Schneiderlin as Ball Winning Midfielder; two attacking wingers in the wide midfield positions and Jay Rodriguez as a Shadow Striker in the AM_C position, behind a Deep-Lying Forward. I have a big squad now and I rotate constantly, but in the last two seasons JayRod's all competitions goal tally has been 22 and then 24 (he also won the Golden Boot at the 2018 World Cup). This past all-conquering season, I had five players reach double-figures.

I still have Luke Shaw, Nathaniel Clyne, Dejan Lovren, Morgan Schneiderlin, James Ward-Prowse, Adam Lallana and JayRod. Adam has been an injury-prone squad player but with a knack of scoring and creating important goals. He's two-footed and although he's listed as AM_C, he's better on the wings, getting to the byline and whipping the ball in. Making Tom Ince my very first signing was my smartest move - he's equally effective in the WM_L or AM_L positions and very consistent.