Numancia

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

What are the best team talks? "I normally use, lets give these fans something to cheer about" team talk, but it works sometimes, but doesn't other times. How do you know what team talk to use when? any help would be appreciated!

there is no such thing as a best team talk. they are fluid and vary from situation to situation and from player to player.

Ok, but the thing is I think i lose some of the games simply because of the team talk, but I might be wrong, it is so frustrating, do you think it has big effec on game outcomes?

Ok, but the thing is I think i lose some of the games simply because of the team talk, but I might be wrong, it is so frustrating, do you think it has big effec on game outcomes?

Not really, team talks dont have that big an effect. if you suck at that them, then get an assistant manager who is good at motivating, and man management and let him take them

Calm and You have faith usually increases motivation or happiness

Depends on the players really, different squads and individuals respond to different team talks.

If you have an ambitious squad 'passionate' faith and encouragement generally motivates them, if you have a determined/professional squad or individual I'd go with calm team talks.

Half the motivating can be done pre game in private chats and smart man management, if a striker has a good game let him know it in a private chat. Keep the morale up and constantly encourage during games, if you have a professional player or squad (Like AC Milan players for instance) they do respond better to expectations of winning and controlling the game.

A tip I follow is only use 'for the fans' in derbies, it rarely works in other situations possibly use it in cup games but the general tone should be encouragement.

But like Mike says, it varies from team to team; player to player and situation to situation.

The team talk i generally get most success with is 'Passionate' ' i have faith' that more often than not results in most of my team either being motivated or looking happy, i tend to find passionate or assertive to be the best tones to use as i rarely see any beneficial response from my player using calm or well ive never used cautious or reluctant but id imagine they wouldn't be smart ways to go.

Pre game id recommend always telling the team you have faith in them as individual position team talks along with the main team talk depending on the situation, ie an easy expected home win then assertive tell them you expect to win, or if its a tough away game against say Man Utd tell them to do it for the fans.