Best training tactic to progress regens on?

Ivibezz

Reaction score
I want to get the best out of my regens, got quite a few 5* potential ones, any training tactic which can make these excel to their ability? I've seen some regens who are 19 and worth like 35M!? (from people on this forum)

Give them plenty of playing time in the 1st team. If not, loaned them to teams that they will play in the 1st 11

Give them plenty of playing time in the 1st team. If not, loaned them to teams that they will play in the 1st 11
Also, whenever I loan them out,t hey come back and say ''It was a waste of time I would've benefited more from staying at Arsenal''

Also, whenever I loan them out,t hey come back and say ''It was a waste of time I would've benefited more from staying at Arsenal''

It is because when you loan you need to see if they will be a 1st choice or a rotation. I prefer sending a player to a championship side to play 50 games than to send him to the premier to play 5.

Also, the training should be handle by your staff, but you need them to be 4 or 5 stars, or else it will be a waste of time.

It is because when you loan you need to see if they will be a 1st choice or a rotation. I prefer sending a player to a championship side to play 50 games than to send him to the premier to play 5.

Also, the training should be handle by your staff, but you need them to be 4 or 5 stars, or else it will be a waste of time.
Who are some good ones in 2015? THanks.

Giggs and Scholes where in my team and the others where free

Who are some good defending attacking shooting and aerobic coaches?

Paul Winsper 5* fitness coach, Mike Rigg 4.5* ball control, Tosh Farrell is sometimes a 4.5* shooting coach but has some random attributes, Borrell from Liverpool is also a 4.5* shooting coach but can be hard to sign unless you are a really big club.
Andy Crosby is a cheap coach that has 4* defending and tactics. He will usually finish a coaching course within a year and then ends up being 4.5* in tactics and defending

Paul Winsper 5* fitness coach, Mike Rigg 4.5* ball control, Tosh Farrell is sometimes a 4.5* shooting coach but has some random attributes, Borrell from Liverpool is also a 4.5* shooting coach but can be hard to sign unless you are a really big club.
Andy Crosby is a cheap coach that has 4* defending and tactics. He will usually finish a coaching course within a year and then ends up being 4.5* in tactics and defending

I'm Arsenal - all of those said ''I'm not currently interested in entering into contract discussions'

I should have realized you weren't at the start. Your best bet would be to just search for coaches. In the search filter put at least 15 in motivating/discipline/determination, then from there find the highest rating in fitness coaching for strength and aerobic coaches, defending and tactics for defending coaches, tactics for tactical coaches, mental and technical for ball control coaches, attacking and tactical for attacking coaches, and attacking and technical for shooting coaches.
That's what I usually do.

EDIT: sorry if that is confusing. Bored at work right now so I'm typing this on my phone.

Last edited:
I use "Focus on Role" and then chose the role that I want them to learn. I train them on Heavy with Average Workload on normal training.

I have every member of my team training for a specific role. I have had some great success using this. First team Game-Time is imperative too.

Usually I train them on a heavy fitness schedule with focus on strength - as it seems most of my youth players significantly lack strength. If I can chose a focus role that includes strength I set that instead of strength (f.e. DC). As far as I've seen development it seems to me that role focus is way superior to attribute focus, so training your otherwise decent offensive midfielders who only lack strength to a somewhat satisfying level can be a real pain in the *** - f.e. you have a (comparable CA/PA wise) DC and AMx, your DC will progress much better (overall AND pure strength wise) training as DC than your AMx training only on strength.

Sucks big time, but that's what it seems to be like.

Also, as it has been already mentioned, first-team football does wonders to your young lads development. Sadly my reserve's division sucks and even if they are only 1* rating they stall due to bad opposition and feeder clubs are no option as I've never ever seen a single player decently developing there. So I'm bound to play them in cup matches and the occasional 60min sub.

The best way to train players is not to put their focus as how you are going to use them, as that will just train the key attributes in that role rather than their weaknesses. Every 3 months I go through my entire first team and the decent youngsters and clear their focuses, then decide which attributes I am to improve. THEN I set the focus depending on which role covers the most of the attributes I want to improve! :)

(Set the workload going by their determination, it isn't the only factor, but it's the only thing you can see (Unless you cheat)!)