Best transfer targets in Football Manager 2020

Rancho

Reaction score
Hello everyone,,

After my last post in the transfer targets installments saga turned out to be less of a success, I realised the Reddit table format was not enough to fulfill the needs of an aspiring Football Manager. The usability just wasn't there, so, to address that problem, UI had to be re-thought. After some thought, I realised that Football Manager is not much more than a glorified spreadsheet. This in turn made me realise that the easist way to display the condesned data might be via Excel, or its online equivalent - Google Sheets. I've shoved the information there, taking full advantage of advanced formatting capabilities such as "bold font", "freezing cells", and "cell colors". Due to my appaling design skills, I've been using the moniker "Spreadshits" when refering to the tables. Nonetheless, I think the data is now in a much more usable format.
I've rated each player based on the attributes required for a given role and calculated a standard score, thereby creating a metric that allows you to compare a player to all other players that can play on that same position within the same role. This allowed me to find the best transfer targets at the start of the game for various categories of players. Namely, I've found the top 10 players for each role in each of the following "tiers":
  • All - the very best players https://19216801.onl/ https://routerlogin.uno/https://192168ll.link/
  • Free - players for all budgets, since they don't cost anything
  • Free and U29 - a player that not only does not cost anything, but will also give you a few seasons as they are on the good side of 30
  • <100K - very cheap players
  • <100K and U29 - very cheap players younger than 30
  • <1M - players that cost less than a 1M GBP
  • <1M and U29 - players that cost less than a 1M GBP and are also younger than 30
  • <10M - players that cost less than 10M GBP
  • <10M and U29 - players that cost less than 10M GBP and are also younger than 30
  • <30M - players that cost less than 30M GBP
  • <30M and U29 - players that cost less than 30M GBP and are also younger than 30
  • U29 - players that are younger than 30
  • U23 - players that are younger than 24, very talented younger players
  • U21 - players that are younger than 21, so called "wonderkids"
  • U18 - players that are younger than 18, potential future "wonderkids"
How to use the Spreadshits
There are 14 documents, one per position. Each document has 16 different worksheets. The first worksheet in every document is a list of leagues, and a recommended minimum standard score when looking for a transfer target for a given level (best in the league, title challenge, mid table, substitute or backup). The remainder of the sheets show different tiers of players.
My recommendation for finding the right players is:
  1. Decide what position you want to strenghten.
  2. Optionally, decide what role you want the player to play.
  3. Find the appropriate player level that you need for success in your league using the first chart.
  4. Go through the tiers and find what players satisfy your search criteria based on the budget.
Pro-tip:
You can add a filter and then use it to sort or filter for the role you care about.
Example
Let's say you are looking to build a team that will challenge for the premiership title, but you only have £10,000,000 to spend. Suppose you are looking for a Ball Winning Central Midfielder on Defensive duty that your squad is lacking but your tactic absolutely requires. You also plan on challenging for the title for the next few years as well, so the player cannot be too old.
  1. Open the appropriate positional spreadsheet - the one for MCs
  2. Find the required score for that position - it turns out to be 3.05 when the player is told to Defend.
  3. In this case, the tier of players you want to look at is "<10M and U29", so you should open that worksheet.
  4. Set the filter up so that it only shows players that are of required skill.
  5. Check out the list of players and sign whichever player you prefer. In this case, you can go for Jacek Goralski if you want a really cheap option, Lucas Tousart if you want to go for a younger option, or Ignacio Camacho if you want a more well rounded player. Other options have their benefits, too.
If none of those players are what you want, you can always repeat the process by changing the parameters of your search - e.g. you might be fine with getting a player on the "wrong" side of 30 if they are good enough and cheap enough..

Last edited:
I am on phone and as far as i could search i couldnt find Lorenzo Lucca under free players of Serie A. Looks like a must buy on pre-contract in first season with any team. Signed him with Bolton on 5k wages.
Edit : Seems like he has random potential in range of 120-150, luckily in my current cm he got the better end of it. Still a decent free player regardless, got some great stats. Sort of btec Schick (tall but technically decent, also idolizes Zlatan). His hidden stats are pretty good too, ambitious and very consistent + big game player.

I am on phone and as far as i could search i couldnt find Lorenzo Lucca under free players of Serie A. Looks like a must buy on pre-contract in first season with any team. Signed him with Bolton on 5k wages. forpc.onl jiofi.local.html

Last edited:
That's pretty interesting and seems you took a lot of things into consideration when creating this. How can I use your Spreadsheet? Could find no link to the file anywhere