LiamMurray

Reaction score
Hi, i can never seem to get the balance between attack and defending right anyone got some advice and some examples with formations?

Well, one good rule that I follow is to not have more attacking than defending. That's a big rule for me.

For instance, in a 4-4-2 you have the two strikers, two wingers, and one CM attacking, leaving 5 nominal defenders and 5 nominal attackers. With the 4-3-3, you have three strikers/wingers, two more attack-minded CMs and five defensive players.

Everyone has his own style of playing football. It is difficult to find the balance between them. I normally play too often an attacking style. However a 4-4-2 is the most balanced tactic I think.

Well, one good rule that I follow is to not have more attacking than defending. That's a big rule for me.

For instance, in a 4-4-2 you have the two strikers, two wingers, and one CM attacking, leaving 5 nominal defenders and 5 nominal attackers. With the 4-3-3, you have three strikers/wingers, two more attack-minded CMs and five defensive players.

This
And ill just add:
Play your CMs and wingers on support. If you are really desperate, put one of your striker on support