Average Joe

Reaction score
Basically I'm the furthest in to a save I've ever been!

I'm Manchester United in 2023 and I only usually keep a save for a few seasons before I start a new one so I'm in new territory!

I have 8 players who are home grown in my team and that should be fine for the next few years, the problem I'm having is finding youth players young enough to become HG that will also be good enough.

Any tips for scouting or searching?

My scouts seem to find the odd player who looks like he could make it but no regens I have found look like they will develop to be good enough.

Need to find them young enough to buy in that they will be HG before 21 years old

The first thing to remember is that your home grown players dont have to be the star players in your team. Unless of course you are doing a home grown challenge which would be difficult but I guess that is why it is challenging. I constantly scout France, Spain, Germany and Italy for players 17 and younger and over every season I will probably finding one good player in each country. I might not end up signing all 4 of them so I might get 1 or 2 each season. With decent training they become good players but even if they dont reach their full potential I will still end up with a backup choice who is home grown.

I am currently in 2032 with a squad that is almost entirely made up of players home grown at the club but only around half of those are actually english as I keep looking for good international youngsters. You need to have patience to keep finding a couple of youngsters every year.

The first thing to remember is that your home grown players dont have to be the star players in your team. Unless of course you are doing a home grown challenge which would be difficult but I guess that is why it is challenging. I constantly scout France, Spain, Germany and Italy for players 17 and younger and over every season I will probably finding one good player in each country. I might not end up signing all 4 of them so I might get 1 or 2 each season. With decent training they become good players but even if they dont reach their full potential I will still end up with a backup choice who is home grown.

I am currently in 2032 with a squad that is almost entirely made up of players home grown at the club but only around half of those are actually english as I keep looking for good international youngsters. You need to have patience to keep finding a couple of youngsters every year.

Problem is, the back up players in my team are on par with my rivals first team players ;)

I HEAVILY rotate, I'm always getting players moaning about game time so I let them play, once they're happy the other lot moan haha

My morale is always superb though.

Yeah I've just found a couple of decent players, the other really good looking ones seem to be at every big team already unfortionately.

Need to spot them earlier!

Basically I'm the furthest in to a save I've ever been!

I'm Manchester United in 2023 and I only usually keep a save for a few seasons before I start a new one so I'm in new territory!

I have 8 players who are home grown in my team and that should be fine for the next few years, the problem I'm having is finding youth players young enough to become HG that will also be good enough.

Any tips for scouting or searching?

My scouts seem to find the odd player who looks like he could make it but no regens I have found look like they will develop to be good enough.

Need to find them young enough to buy in that they will be HG before 21 years old

Basically I just spy out foreign talent in clubs that traditionally (in game) produce great players. ASEC Mismoas is probably my favorite club to do this with, as they get ALL of the best Ivorian youth players every year and almost always have players with PA's above 150.

Basically I just spy out foreign talent in clubs that traditionally (in game) produce great players. ASEC Mismoas is probably my favorite club to do this with, as they get ALL of the best Ivorian youth players every year and almost always have players with PA's above 150.

I'll have a look cheers :)

What database size do you play on?

I have to play on medium or small as my laptop is pretty old now :(

You can also set up England U18 scouting assignments and Spain U19 scouting assignments, found a world beater from Spain from doing this.

I tend to look in world - transfer - youth intake every months and then click on the first player, scroll down two or three pages hold shift then click on a player making every player from first to the player clicked on all selected then scout,could be cheating but if you find away around it you gonna use it.I mean come on you lot can't tell me you didn't sign To Maderia back in the day

Last edited: