Justwannadl

Reaction score
I think most people who play FM have this, you are winning at half time 2 or 3 nil, then they manage to equalise, i normally change my tatics to more a defensive style after 60 min but it is still hard not to leak goals, what is a good way to stop this from happening less, such as what shouts should i use and what not?

i'd love an answer to this too. a touchline shout i tryed is retain possession

This really does my head in on the game...I give instructions to retain possession, get stuck in and hassle opponents, and switch to a counter or defensive style depending on the opponents, it seems to work sometimes but not enough or aswell as it should.

i sometime try just like control or contain depends on opponent maybe last few mins kick ball to the flanks and increase a midfielder for attacker if u use more than one forward..

Well i normally just change to contain, and it works well most of the time, but if they do manage to get one back, most of the time they will get and another and equalise.

I can only speak about top teams, since so far I´ve only played with Real Madrid, but I think it´s somewhat similar with any team.
About the strategy...
Contain is handy, but not earlier than from 80th min, it´s just like irl, if you try to put the bus infront of goal too early it usually works out bad. also when enabling this try the sideline command for clear ball to flanks.
Counter is useful if playing away, I wouldn´t rely on it against tough opponents though. Depending on your team setting strategy on attack here can also be wise, because if you play on counter or defensive the opponent team almost only has to focus on attacking, while if you attack yourself right from the start they also need to worry about defensive duty.
Control is the one I use the most when playing at home, if you´re playing with a strong team, most other teams will play on counter when playing against you, control takes advantage on that.
Overload is basically the opposite version of contain, again only worth it the last 10 min, if you behind and need to equalize or win badly with the risk of conceiding another goal with your opponents countering

Hope this helps or at least clarifies a bit the use of different strategies.

1st off all its a bad idea if your 3 nil up to sit back and counter attack. As soon as your caught out youe defence will be to exposed especially if the opposition is throwing the kitchen sink at you. The best way to contain is to drop deeper and play narrower. Playing against the likes of Chelsea and Man Utd though no matter how hard you try they are still gonna be in with a good chance of scoring. Sometimes you just need a bit of luck against the top teams.