cooper795

Reaction score
Hey,

I've just been promoted for the third time in 4 seasons with Altrincham, so going into League One. I need to strengthen significantly, but I can't find ANY good players using the conventional method (ticking 'filter out unrealistic targets', ordering players in ca/pa) that are willing to join.

Is this because I'm a very small fish in a big pond and nobody wants to get relegated with me, or is it because I'm looking in the wrong places?!

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Look for high stats in determination work rate and team work. not by CA/PA because your scouts wont have a report on every player you have knowledge on...

This may not help in your current game, but in January I filter by those players whose contracts will be running out at the end of the season. I send scouts out to watch them and keep them on my shortlist to see if their contracts are renewed or not. If they're not I wait for them to be released and snap them up. This way it saves going through all the 'unattached' players. Also, looks for season loans. Does your team have a parent team? They're usually quite generous at agreeing loans.

The filtering unrealistic targets option is not always a good thing. Often in lower league games I've found that there are players (not very many admittedly) that appear that will discuss a contract. However, they do often want large wages which can be a problem.