Best wonderkid partner to Balanta (apart from Doria)?

Vaggi

Reaction score
I really need a duo partner for DC position to pair with Balanta.. i say apart from doria because he is for 2 months injured in my save :( and i am already during late june 2015..
Plz don't post best DC i know them.. i just look for people having test balanta with another wonderkid and succeed..

would be wise to have a young defender paired with an experienced one, so you have the agility of one and the ability of the other.

Thanks for your suggestions guys but i already got umtiti (as backup of balanta on the Left side), Varane too expensive about 70+m.. and also got Hummels as the experienced one that currently plays next to balanta on the Right side..
i actually need an replacement of Hummels on the right that can still pair perfectly with Balanta (for rotation purposes).

To make things clear at the moment i am thinking 3 options might be 4..
Buy: Jedvai or Zouma or Marquinhos or risk it and wait for biding Doria at the end of august but with the risk of no agreement due to his injury...
I would definitely have gone for Doria cause i know he is the perfect pair to Balanta but this injury( says from 7 weeks to 3 months.. and i am currently 23 june atm ) blew things up..
Any more help ?

Last edited:
If you're bent on having Doria, just make the offer after the transfer window closes, and set the transfer date to "Next Available". That ensures he'll come by when the next transfer window opens. Although, be aware that after a long term injury, player attributes drop MASSIVELY.

Jedvaj and Zouma are very, very good. Zouma just isn't the monster he was in FM 13 anymore, which makes me sad T_T

I think you should get Papadopoulos from Schalke.

I think you should get Papadopoulos from Schalke.

A rather bad move considering his composure/concentration. Low ratings on both mean he may get distracted when going a goal down, and may make silly mistakes, which is not something you'd want your CB to do.. However, he's a monster BWM.

Subotic, Kirchoff or Evans.

They are not wonderkids, but you already talk about them all (Doria, Balanta, Marquinhos).

I would go for Evans: cheap and very consistent

Phil Jones! I'm not sure how much United would require, as I've never bought him before (only played with him as a United-manager); but remove his trait of bombarding forward and he'll become a very solid defender for years to come.

Got Jones in my fourth season for 21 Million Euro, absolute Monster.

Phil Jones! I'm not sure how much United would require, as I've never bought him before (only played with him as a United-manager); but remove his trait of bombarding forward and he'll become a very solid defender for years to come.

Best as a Rb or a BWM. IMO :D

PSG bought him last year so thats not an option he is way too expensive.. Ginter is injury prone on my save.

also i ask who i better to DUO with Balanta between Marquinhos, Zouma , Jedvai ?

PSG bought him last year so thats not an option he is way too expensive.. Ginter is injury prone on my save.

also i ask who i better to DUO with Balanta between Marquinhos, Zouma , Jedvai ?
Marquinhos. Not just straight away, but also from a long term point of view. Why? His potential allows him to become the overall best defender in the game, along with Raphael Vara

I have Zouma in my team as well, but I keep him as a squad player, not as a regular starter because he's simply not as good as Marquinhos. Marquinhos stats (given enough play time) within 3 years is just mind blowing. Especially his mental stats. Zouma is not as good as he was in the previous FM-game, when he was arguably the best young defender.

Last edited:
A rather bad move considering his composure/concentration. Low ratings on both mean he may get distracted when going a goal down, and may make silly mistakes, which is not something you'd want your CB to do.. However, he's a monster BWM.
He's the best young stopper in the game. However, you'll have to play him as a limited defender.

If you're planning to go Stopper-Cover then get Marquinhos as Stopper