coolguyrko

Reaction score
Still figuring out a game to entice me and going back to my beloved West Brom but trying to do it by bringing through youth rather than buying players. Who are the best staff to bring in to the club to fill all the various youth roles. Their HOYD isnt all that bad so Ill stick with him and I generally like to bring in Frankie Bunn as my under 21s or under 18s manager so I need another youth manager their assistants and youth coaches including fitness and goalkeepers as well as physios. I know who to get for the first team but not lower down and dont know what makes good coaches for the youth team aside from a good working with youngsters trait.

A question on that. If I was to sign a goalkeeping coach for the first team would he work with both the first team and youth squads?

Yes. They will coach the youngsters too. I think you can pickup Meulensteen pretty early, for cheap and he covers multiple training spots. Not sure about the others, but going to staff search and setting specific attributes to high, would give you a good idea of who and what is perfect for you. Try for Natal, can be a Fitness Coaching and something else, i dont remember.
I did the whole youth setup thing with Chelsea, it dropped my team value overall by half a star, but, with the right coaching with the right tutoring, you can build a world beating team with 3 star ability players.

that's because stars are relative to the rest of your squad and how you are expected to do during a season.
if you have 23 world stars 1 wouldn't be as important (get as high star rating) than if he were the only star in a club full of amateurs.

I agree with the idea, but I am trying to get that very same idea across. All it matters is the relative ability. Coaching systems will improve the attributes not the ratings. Attributes are ALWAYS the right way to check a players value.

Just trying to produce stars in my youth in take rather than know if I have good players if you get what I mean. I can make a good assessment of attributes but never seem to get an decent players