callamity

Reaction score
I wasnt gonna do this again but been asked too many times now, this is the current tactic im using on my beta save with newcastle, ive named it callamity's best as it is just an update of an old tactic nothing new. Most people will be familiar with it.

basic 4141

View attachment 124459

1st season after fiddling about with different things i want to try i plugged this in after 10 games and had an overall record breaking season in the championship, put out of cups with my second team by stoke and liverpool in away games.

View attachment 124458

second season going ok, i lost a couple games after getting bored and fiddling about again with other set ups.

View attachment 124457

*** man does OI's and i use def positioning like this throughout season
View attachment 124456

good luck and enjoy if you do download it give feedback, we are in beta and always striving to do better. If the tactic gets enough interest i will update the thread to be more informative

Big fan of your tactics mate, will give it a try with my Barnsley save

Doesn't work for me using Wigan in Championship.

Doesn't work for me using Wigan in Championship.

wigan arent very good tbh, they got relegated on my game and are struggling in league 1, im not familiar with the squad there either do they have the players to play this?

Was ticking along nicely with Union Berlin, until a hit a glitch where i play koln in the german cup and it goes to penalties (everytime) and it freezes. Apart from this match glitch it's a very nice tactic

Best tactic I've tried so far. Well done sir.

Any tips for holding onto a lead?

I've notice this year thats its more easy for the IA to comeback and draw or even win a game, been winning 3-0 at half time and draw at final or even worst winning 4-0 and loosing 4-5 ^^ its like if the IA managers give a incredible boost at half time with team talks, cause i really dont see much change in formations, maybe it could change roles or Instructions.

Gonna try the tactic and report back.

I've notice this year thats its more easy for the IA to comeback and draw or even win a game, been winning 3-0 at half time and draw at final or even worst winning 4-0 and loosing 4-5 ^^ its like if the IA managers give a incredible boost at half time with team talks, cause i really dont see much change in formations, maybe it could change roles or Instructions.

the AI managers are far more intelligent this year, but if im 3-0 up at half time ill tell my team not to be complacent and have never drawn or lost a game where ive been 3-0 or more up

With Cardiff City, decent team for the league projected mid-table:
14 wins, 11 draws, 18 lost. -3 goalscore.

I really have my doubts on this tactic but im gonna use it the season out.

I had a lot of success in FM16 with the 4-1-4-1 and I created a very similar tactics to yours. I still haven't tried something similar in this BETA but will give it a go with yours.

I've also noticed in the test save I'm doing that the AI is countering much more and much more efficiently. I even sometimes ask my team to stay deeper, something I've never done in past FM unless I was managing very weak teams.

Si are moving further and further away from plug and play tactics. This is why I wasn't planning on releasing anything this year.

The Ai will adapt to win games you need to do the same to be successful. Fir the purpose of testing I didn't change anything with this tactic but that isn't how I normally play. I create baseline tactics and adapt them to my team. Then I look at my oponents and adapt to beat them. This is why when I do put a tactic out I use assistant opposition instructions as it makes slight change every match.

works well but...

it works well but the fullbacks seem to keep getting booked almost every game, gets hard when every few games both fullbacks are suspended for collecting to many yellows