Better late than never Richy25 Deep 4-2-3-1/ 4-1-3-2 Tactics

richy25

Reaction score
BETTER LATE THAN NEVER
With football manager 2014 just around the corner i thought i'd post my last tactics for this edition

4-2-3-1 Away tactic or both if perferred

To start this formation we obviously have the goal keeper, nothing special about the goalkeeper, not a sweeper keeper, just a goalkeeper normally. At the back we have the two centre backs and a left back and right back. In front of the centre backs there are two holding midfielders. To make up the '3' we have an attacking midfielder just behind the striker, two attacking midfielders, usually quite pacey and skillful, and then a striker.

What makes this formation 'solid' in my opinion, is the use of the 2 defensive midfield players, who can operate higher up the pitch if they need to. When defending they are also useful as they act as two extra centre backs just in front, and if one goes forward, the other might be available to cover, meaning a counter-attack from the opposing team might be stopped or slowed down. The two defensive midfield players encourage the wider players to get forward, allowing teams to get wider and create space. This means that if a full back loses the ball higher up the field, the defensive midfielders can stay compact as a unit to help out at the back and cover their positions. The two attacking midfielders are a good addition to the formation to add pace, skill and creativity to the side when going forward. The attacking midfielder can act as an 'advanced playmaker', but the AM can be effective in creating chances in the final third, and even acting as a second striker if needed. The striker is obviously extremely important to make life difficult for defenders, and in some cases will act as a 'poacher' when the ball is in the box. This is what makes the formation very efficient in my opinion.

A formation can't just be perfect though, there are always some flaws. These can be if the defensive midfielders play so high up the pitch that they get caught on the counter-attack, and are not able to get back quick enough. This can happen if teams are pressing very high up the pitch. Anyway, I do believe this is a 'solid' formation, and that it can allow teams the chance to be a little bit more unpredictable.

4-1-3-2 Home tactic

Used the 4-2-3-1 as my base just moved the position of the players

these tactics in my opinion plays attractive football i'm not gonna say like barcelona coz that would just start a debate.

Please don't expect to win every game
tips
General Training - Team Cohesion
Match Training - Attacking Movement
No OI
Pitch size any
Can't think of anything else at the moment, if i have missed anything please ask
Enjoy Richy25

just a little update going well I think apart from my 2-0 defeat but that's life move on to the next game here's a pic

Looks great! Do you use individual training? And do you think it will work with Rsc Anderlecht (Belgium) ?

Looks great! Do you use individual training? And do you think it will work with Rsc Anderlecht (Belgium) ?

cheers mate. Don't use individual training I leave that as default. I can't see why not it won't work with Anderlecht. I hope you have a good season

Do i need to train them to a specific role?, I notice that the outside amc are set to inside forward, if so to which one every position?

thanks