Better Middle Wi' The devil than the Bairns O Falkirk

Falkirkyabass

Reaction score
Hello again! I've decided to start another thread on here after abandoning the last one because I just couldn't get a feel for it. To keep me interested in this one I've decided to pick a team close to my heart. The team I've supported my entire life, Falkirk FC. Falkirk are a professional team who currently play at The Falkirk Stadium and are currently in the second teir of Scottish football. They have been out of the SPL since 2009 so hopefully I can change that but with Dundee Utd and Hibs in the league I'll have my work cut out for me. I'll be back tomorrow to post the squad, pre season, transfers and tactics. Hope you guys enjoy!

This is a lot later than I had planned to do this but here goes.

View attachment 125671

As you can see we have a pretty decent history, Falkirk are in fact the joint most successful side in second tier history. Unfortunately this also means we don't ever stay very long in the Scottish Premiership. Over the course of this save I'll hopefully be able to turn Falkirk into Premier League regulars. Our last stint in the top flight lasted 5 years so my goal for now is to better that. In that time we also reached a Scottish cup and narrowly lost 1-0 to Rangers. Though not a goal it would be nice to experience a trip to Hampden during the save.

View attachment 125670

The club has a very good youth set up and is responsible for current English Premier League talent like Stephen Kingsley, Jay Fulton and Scott Arfield. I'll be looking to our youth over the course of the save and try bring through the next batch of future Premier League stars. Currently in the youth team are Kevin O'Hara and Tony Gallagher who with the right care could become incredible.

View attachment 125669

View attachment 125668

The current first team squad looks decent for this season though I'll be looking to bring in a winger and a RB. Hopefully we can grab 2nd and give ourselves as good an advantage as we can. I honestly don't see us winning the league as Hibs have a really good team and a decent manager in Neil Lennon but you never know.

View attachment 125667

That's all for this update in the next one I'll show tactics, friendlies, early cup games and transfers if there are any. Hope you enjoy.

Pre-season 15/16

Now that I've made it to the first league game I'll show you guys what happened in the pre-season.

Transfers

When I last left I said I was looking to strengthen up at RB, I managed to find a good young RB in Mark Williams who I signed for free from amateur side Queens Park. With Aaron Muirhead getting injured in pre-season I'll be looking to him to start strong as first choice RB.

View attachment 125664

The side also lacked wide players so I brought back Alex Cooper who Falkirk released irl last year for being awful but who is still inexplicably high rated in this year's FM. As a free agent after being released by St Mirren he coat nothing but strengthened the squad considerably.

View attachment 125666

The final signing was brought in due to a high number of injuries during the friendlies. Craig Sibbald picked up an injury that would see him miss the first couple of games and with no one else who could play behind the striker Celtic youngster Aidan Nesbitt was brought in on loan.

View attachment 125665

Tactics

View attachment 125663

View attachment 125662

These are the tactics I played during pre-season but I'll definitely be tweaking and changing them over the course of the season.

Friendlies

Our friendlies were pretty average we beat the teams we were meant to and didn't get beaten too badly by the English teams.

View attachment 125661

Early cup rounds

Due to the challenge cup and league cup being seeded we were drawn against lower league sides in both. Peterhead in the challenge cup and Montrose in the league cup. I was pretty confident of proceeding in both.

Up first was Peterhead in the challenge cup and without a fit CAM I had to tweak the formation but I was still confident we were good enough to win.

View attachment 125660

Just like real life last year Falkirk were eliminated from the challenge cup at the Falkirk stadium by Peterhead though this time in the first round and not the semi. This result made me rethink my previous confidence and going into the montrose game I was nervous it would happen again.

View attachment 125659

Lucky this time we had Aiden Nesbitt who turned in an amazing performance on his debut and secured our place in the second round.

That's all for this update but in the next one I'll bring you the result of the first few league games including the season opener at home to QOS.