Better to Recall a Loaned Player Who Isn't Playing?

Alienman

Reaction score
Currently in my Man Utd save I have Macheda loaned out hoping to get him some first team experience but he has only appeared in 2 matches for Sampdoria. Would it be better for me to recall him and have him play in the reserves at be trained at my better facilities and with better coaches or keep him out on loan?

you better of loaning players to crappy teams more likely to play!

Why loan him to serie a. give him to a weak championship team or strong league 1 team

Yeah call them back so they can at least get reserve footy.
If you do loan him though loan him to a championship team so he doesn't adapt to the slower Italian game.

Yes it would be better to recall him as you with have better coaches and training facilities. Also as posted above only loan him out to clubs where he will get games i.e. Championship

In real life though he's been loaned out to Samp and is getting regular football... I suppose they have just sold Cassano which wont be the case on FM.

recall him and if you don't want to play him loan him out to a championchip side

it should say when u offer him for loan 'he would act as cover to the first team' or 'he would be a valued member of the first team' if your wanting him to gain first team experience chose the clubs who say the latter one :)

Yeah, did Sampdoria tell you he would be a valuable member of the first team?

Usually they don't lie about this unless your player gets hurt.

I only accepted offers from teams that said "valuable members" and had good facilities. But those were all Serie A teams and Bundislegia, no teams from the Championship offered for him.

I guess I will recall him and keep him on the loan list. He wont be seeing much first team this year with me also having Babacar and Traore.

Better to recall... When other teams make loan offer for your player...you can see if he gonna play or no. If they say "cover for the first team" don't loan him out...if they say something like "valuable member of first squad" then loan him out....

it is better to recall mate, thats what I do ;)
make sure that when you do offer to loan him out, the club will state that he would have a key role in the team or cover for 1st team etc etc, other than that, he is not going to get much playing time....