Beware! Here come the Blades.....A Sheff Utd story

bgsam1990

Reaction score
"Better contract else I Quit".....And Blackwell keeps his word!!
Days before the kick off of the new Championship season, Sheffield Utd manager Kevin Blackwell broke the silence about his contract saying that he would quit if he were not offered a better contract. Sheffield Utd owners were disappointed with Mr.Blackwell's behaviour and replied that they weren't in a financial position to afford the contract clauses demanded by the gaffer.
After all the anxiety among fans and management alike, Blackwell told in his final conference as the Blades' manager that he will be quitting the managerial post in search of a club which will be offering a better contract. But the question remains who will replace Mr.Blackwell?

English football going global:
Ex-Indian international to take over from Mr.Blackwell:
After all the suspense and nail-biting few days, Sheffield United have revealed their new manager Mr.Sampath, an ex-Indian footballer. Sampath will be taking charge of the Blades in a week's time and he has already revealed his love for the club and has told the media that promotion will be the prime target for the season.

Last edited:
A look at the Pre-Season and Transfers

[FONT=&quot]A decent pre-season for the Blades with some good transfers[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
The pre-season was a handy experience for the team as many youngsters and first team players got their chance to prove their worth. The pre-season results are posted here. I have tried many tactics (all own ones) and they are reflected in the wide variety in the results (ranging from 0-3 loss to 9-0 victory :p)....
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sheff United[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 3-0 Sheff Utd Reserves
Ferencvaros 2-3 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sheff Utd
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ebbsfleet 0-4 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Sheff Utd[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Gillingham 0-6 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sheff Utd[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Bournemouth 0-1 [/FONT]
Chengdu 1-3 [/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sheff Utd[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 9-0 GH Academy (H)
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sheff Utd [/FONT][FONT=&quot] 0-3 Liverpool F.C. [/FONT][FONT=&quot](expected)
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Southend 1-0 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Sheff Utd

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Transfers:
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]IN:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot] I needed a physically strong centre-back and snapped Iliasu Shilla on a free transfer. I also bought Adilson, a left-back by trade for $800K from Seoul. Also secured the services of Nestor Ayala for free.
But the biggest signing for me was Marlon Harewood from Aston Villa for $1.2M and another positive move was to land Nacer Barazite, a promising youngster from Arsenal on a season long loan.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]OUT:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Got rid of players whom my asst. manager says are useless to the team with whom I share my view! And the victims are: Jason Morrison ($6K), Rafe Wolfr ($2K) and Andy Taylor, Kyel Reid and Jordan Stewart on loan.[/FONT]
Nacer_Barazite_280x_562140a.jpg
marlon_harewood.jpg

Nacer Barazite (AM/FC) Marlon Harewood (ST)
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
The most disappointing aspect of the pre-season was my inability to secure the services of Sporting CP forward Yannick Djalo, who is considered as a bright player by many!!! Sporting Lisbon demand an incredible $21.5M for the Portuguese hitman. Also, Gabriel Obertan rejected my loan offer saying that he didn't want to head in the wrong direction!!
Anyways, it had been a great pre-season with some big name signings and Championship football...Here come the Blades!!!!!!!

Sorry for the momentary pause but have a busy weekend ahead. Updates in few days....

The month of August....

Updates of all the team news in August:
Finally, the new season is up and running. Its time to see how the Blades fared in the opening month of the season.

CH: Middlesbrough 0-1 Sheff Utd

(Ched Evans)
A stern test right at the beginning of the season. A great chance for my team to win as Boro were missing their hit-man Lita. Yet it was always to be a tough encounter. We took the lead early into the second half and defended well to protect it. A smart diving header from Evans settled the tie.

LC: Sheff Utd 4-0 Crewe
(Evans x2, Harewood x2)
And the new signing scores. Two power packed shots that almost rifled through the net. Evans was at his brilliant self as he ran rings around the Crewe defence and providing key assists and goals. A simple game in the end.

CH: Sheff Utd 3-1 Watford
(Barazite x2, Quinn)
Goals from midfield, always a treat to watch. Three signature Barcelona kind moves finished with precision and power by Barazite and Quinn respectively. Pass-pass-pass-pass-pass-goal!!! Raced to a 2-0 lead within 7 minutes after kick off thanks to goals by Barazite and Quinn. They pulled one back in the 80th odd minute. Barazite finished a splendid evening with a cheeky lob.

CH: Sheff Utd 0-0 Leicester
Frustrating draw against Leicester. The game never kept going as the ball spent more than half the time in the middle of the pitch. Strikers from both teams got ratings of less than 6.5 which is a clear indicator of the boredom a spectator must have felt watching the match.

CH: Reading 2-3 Sheff Utd
(Evans, Harewood, Kilgallon)
A superb nail biting encounter. We took the lead through Evans' coll finishing. Shane Long scored a collector's item to level the tie. And we are just into the 20th odd minute of the first half. Next 30-40 minutes would be a very charged affair. Tackles, yellow cards, injuries, volleys, shots hitting the woodwork, smart saves etc....none were missed. Harewood, on as a sub scored our second and Long equalised 5 minutes later with another thunderbolt. Cometh the hour, cometh the man and came Kilagallon (central def) to score a thumping header from a corner to win the match. Nail-biting to the core.

LC: Sheff Utd 2-1 MK Dons
(S-Latef, Ward)
Will the youngsters please stand up and oh ya..they did. Only Fortune(DC), Harper(DM), Montgomery(MC) and Little (AMR) started the match who belong to the first team. S-Latef scored the first after some neat work down the left by 16 year old Phillip Roe. Ward finished it off with a precision finish. But they pulled one back in the final stages and heaped pressure but the young guns withstood it.

CH: Sheff Utd 3-1 West Brom
(Harewood, Speed, Barazite)
Harewood opened the scoring with a typical 'Inzaghi type goal. Right place, right time to meet a cross from Glen Little. 39 yr old player/coach Speed doubled the lead with a thunderbolt from some 25 yards which took a huge deflection to wrong foot their GK. Barazite scored a good goal after a neat one two with Henderson. Brunt pulled one back for them from the spot after Fortune conceded a late penalty.

Overall, it was a superb August to kick off with. Harewood and Evans were giving opposition defence a run around with Barazite, Quinn and Montgomery providing the creative spark in the midfield. Also set up a Carling Cup date with Burnley at Turf Moor in the next round.
Meanwhile, Evans came in second position for the Player of the Month award and I scooped the Manager of the month award. I also sit atop the league table after 4 wins out of 5.

View attachment 54774
View attachment 54775

The month of September.....

Will September be as fruitful as August.....Only time will tell:
August was a good month as far as the results are concerned and the target I have set myself come the end of the month is to occupy one of the top three positions in the league.

CH: Derby 1-2 Sheff Utd

(Evans x2)
Evans continues to dazzle. Two precision finishes from the young centre forward either side of a Derby goal sealed the tie. Turned out to be a much easier affair than expected.

CH: Coventry 2-2 Sheff Utd
(Evans, Barazite)
Evans is becoming unstoppable in front of goal. A splendid volley from 15 yards out leveled the match after Coventry had taken the lead with the aid of a cool spot kick. Barazite gave us the lead in the 60s only FOR US to squander 2 precious points after conceding a soft goal during the dying stages of the match.

The Big Sheffield Derby coming up. Gear up for a match filled with energy an passion!!!

CH: Sheff Utd 3-0 Sheff Wednesday
(Harewood, Williamson, Evans)
Yeah! My first derby success with the Blades. The first game of the league in which I made 39 year old Gary Speed to start from the bench. I sacrificed him for Williamson who scored goals for reserve team on a regular basis. The box-to-box midfielder repaid the faith with a 20 yard strike after Harewood's header gave us the lead. And Evans was on the scoresheet again for the third match running with a world-class curler from 25 yards out...Surely the goal of the month!!!!

OUCH: Stephen Quinn injured and will be out for atleast 2-3 months.
Who will replace the dynamic midfielder???

Adilson fully fit! The summer signing is all set to feature for the first time this season after his injury set back.....

LC: Burnley 0-1 Sheff Utd

(Walker)
Chance for the youngsters again. Youngsters like Kinsley James, 16 yr old Phillip Roe, Natalie Foster, Cortelli, S-Latef got the chance to prove themselves! The response was meticulous. They made Burnley dance to their tunes, esp S-Latef (he had to go off injured later though). Walker scored for us to win the match with a well-placed free kick from the edge of the area.

Sheffield United set up League Cup fourth round date with the defending champions Manchester United.

CH: Swansea 0-0 Sheff Utd
Lucky to escape with a point. James Harper got sent off in the first quarter of an hour after picking up two yellow cards. They kept pressing but to no avail as my defence stood firm by denying their every opportunity.

CH: Sheff Utd 2-1 Ipswich
(Evans x2)
STOP HIM IF YOU CAN! The opposition manager, Roy Keane highlighted the danger of Evans before the match and he proved to be their menace with lovely goals. With Evans banging in goals, the team can be assured of 3 points if they stay tight at the back. They scored first and from there on, it was Evans all the way.....

Ultimately, a superb September has concluded. Evans bagged the player of the month award and his magnificent curl into the top corner got the Goal of the month award. I came second in the manager of the month category and young right back Kyle Walker (on loan from Spurs) received the Young player of the month award. Lots of awards, promising performances and a scintillating Evans ended September '10 in superb style!
We also occupy the top position in the league table and have a league cup date with Manchester Uts. Looking forward to it!!!

View attachment 57845
View attachment 57846 View attachment 57847
View attachment 57848 View attachment 57849

October and November!!!!

A look at matches in October and November....
The crucial months of October and November ahead. Can we keep up the momentum and go clear of the chasing pack....??

October

CH: Sheff Utd 2-0 Doncaster
(Morgan, Harewood)
A simple win against a relegation threatened side. Both headers, one from free kick and one from open play settled the tie. With this win, I moved 5 points clear at the top.

CH: Scunthorpe 3-1 Sheff Utd
(Harewood)
A very very lousy game. Evans was marked out of the completely and we looked out of sorts. Injury to Quinn and Montgomery is really showing the lack of steel in my midfield. To be honest, they played well, deserved to get the three points. Lead cut to 2 points at the top.

CH: Blackpool 1-2 Sheff Utd
(Harewood, Evans)
Back on track after a good win. The forwards grabbed a goal a piece. As usual, they scored in the dying moments. A sturdy defensive show sealed the victory late on.

CH: Sheff Utd 2-1 Cardiff
(Evans, Barazite)
And Evans is back among the goals. We scored, then they scored. Cometh the 70th minute, Barazite proved his class with an outstanding curler from 30 yards. A goal of the month contender for sure.

LC: Man Utd 2-1 Sheff Utd
(Park o.g.)
No surprises here. I played a weaker, younger side with S-Latef, James, Roe etc. Manchester Utd looked very uncertain at the back and could not cope up with Harewood. Delighted with the performance mainly because we made them work hard. Anderson scored a 30 yard pile driver in some 70th odd minute to send us crashing out.

November
CH: Sheff Utd 0-0 New Castle
New Castle were second in the table before kick off. I sent out the team with a slightly defensive mentality. A draw was always a great result and am happy. Now, I am 6 points clear at the top...Hurrah!!!!!

CH: Barnsley 2-3 Sheff Utd
(Williamson, Treacyx2)
Both my wide men scored. Treacy's second and our third was a beauty as he cut in from the left, went past two players and scored a powerful shot. The other goals were simple came from open play. Disappointed at conceding two goals to a much weaker side though!

CH: Sheff Utd 2-0 Peterborough
(Evansx2)
No wonder Arsenal are interested in my attacking spearhead. He's the competition leading scorer now. Two very calmly taken goals. Special mention to Barazite who made the opposition midfield run like headless chickens. Amazing attacking midfield play.

CH: Bristol City 0-1 Sheff Utd
(Evans)
A drab first half was followed by a goal in the very first move of the second half. Straight from kick-off, Harper's through ball found Evans in space and a cracking goal to give us the lead. After that, it was their relentless attack versus my stubborn defence. Killagon*and Shilla were rock at the back as they repelled every attack of theirs.

View attachment 61822

What a series of fixtures. Evans is in lethal form and with Barazite, Speed and Harper controlling the midfield, the Premier League is becoming an achievable dream. Sitting atop the league table with a lead of 8 points is a magnificent place to be in.
Evans scooped up the player of the month accolade and I got the manager of the month award for November.

December and January...The leap into 2011

Posting this hoping some one will follow...
A look at matches in December and January....
Where does the future lie??? Only time will tell...

December:

CH: Plymouth 0-1 Sheff Utd
(Harewood)
A good result after an intense affair. Both teams reduced to nine men as early as the 60th minute. Lads showed character to seal the win.

CH: Sheff Utd 2-2 Nottm Forest
(Evans, Henderson)
Evans on taget again and Henderson grabs his first for the season. Came twice from a goal down to get a crucial point as Nottm Forest are third in the league.

CH: Sheff Utd 1-0 Crystal Palace
(Evans)
Evans is gonna get the golden boot award if he maintains this form. Early goal and a battling midfield set the tone for the match. My defence starting to look a bit shaky off late as we could have conceded a very late goal!

EVANS INJURED!!! OUT FOR 2-3 WEEKS

CH: Q.P.R. 1-4 Sheff Utd
(Henderson, Harewood x2, Williamson )
Easily the best performance by my side this season. Absolutely brilliant. Henderson and Harewood played with real passion in the absence of Evans. The possession was around 72-28 and the dominance was incredible. An own goal was the only bug in an otherwise flawless performance.

CH: Leicester 1-2 Sheff Utd
(Barazite, Henderson)
An average performance, never deserved to win. Both players took their goals well but was far from happy with the defending.

CH: Sheff Utd 3-1 Preston
(Barazite, Kilgallon, Evans)
Evans is back in the starting XI and is back among the goals. A neat display before gearing up for the FA cup 3rd round against Preston again.

January:

FA: Preston 0-2 Sheff Utd
(Harper, Evans)
Easier than I thought. Harper sends a 30 yarder into the back of the net and Evans was lethal as usual putting their defence to the sword.
UP NEXT: Manchester United again!!!!!!

CH: Watford 2-1 Sheff Utd
(Montgomery)
A defeat after a huge number of games. An off day for my attacking trio of Evans, Harewood and Barazite and Watford punished us. Have to say, our defence is atrociously performing over the last few matches. Improvement badly needed!

CH: Sheff Utd 1-1 Middlesbrough
(Evans)
My defence!!!! The centre backs went AWOL when Lita walked inside the penalty area unmarked to tap in the ball from some 6-7 yards out. And Evans was the saviour once again to get us a point.

December:

CH: Plymouth 0-1 Sheff Utd
(Harewood)
A good result after an intense affair. Both teams reduced to nine men as early as the 60th minute. Lads showed character to seal the win.

CH: Sheff Utd 2-2 Nottm Forest
(Evans, Henderson)
Evans on taget again and Henderson grabs his first for the season. Came twice from a goal down to get a crucial point as Nottm Forest are third in the league.

CH: Sheff Utd 1-0 Crystal Palace
(Evans)
Evans is gonna get the golden boot award if he maintains this form. Early goal and a battling midfield set the tone for the match. My defence starting to look a bit shaky off late as we could have conceded a very late goal!

FA: Sheff Utd 3-4 Manchester Utd
(Harewood, Morgan, Kilgallon)
Am happy again despite the loss. Both of us played our full strength sides. For the first time, I saw Berbatov and Evra scoring 25 yarders tos send them 2-0 up. We responded well to reach 3-3 by the 80th minute. But Rooney scored late in the game to send us crashing out of yet another competition!!!

"Belgian winger Tim Soaters joins Sheffield United"

CH: Sheff Utd 3-1 Reading
(Harewood, Barazite, Soaters)
The debutant scores as we register a much needed victory against promotion chasing Reading. A good performance after three matches without a win.

CH: West Brom 1-1 Sheff Utd
(Evans)
Back to square one probably! Brunt spoils the party with his trademark free kick from 25 yards in the 70th minute. Was totally in control of the game until the goal scorer Evans gave away a needless freekick.

I stay atop the league table, 9 points clear of New Castle. A huge margin going into February but complacency is to be avoided!!!

Last edited:
Finishin off the season....

Time to wrap it up....
11 points clear at the top. The next 3 months will decide the fate of my team. I just rush through the last three months. Who will star for Sheff Utd...Evans? Harewood? Kilgallon?.....

FEBRUARY:
Sheff Utd 1-1 Derby (Evans)
Preston 0-2 Sheff Utd (Soetaers, Harewood)
Nottm Forest 2-1 Sheff Utd (Evans)
Peterborough 1-2 Sheff Utd (Evans x2)
Sheff Utd 2-0 Bristol City (Harewood, Henderson)
Sheff Utd 3-1 Plymouth (Harewood x3)

Harewood has been magnificent this month scoring 5 goals and chipping in with impressive performances. My lead has been cut down to 9 points at the top as New Castle have been brilliant too.

MARCH:
Crystal Palace 0-1 Sheff Utd (Soetaers)
Sheff Utd 1-1 Q.P.R. (Harewood)
Sheff Utd 3-1 Blackpool (Adam o.g., Harewood x2)
Doncaster 1-3 Sheff Utd (Harewood x2, Sullivan o.g.)
Cardiff 0-0 Sheff Utd
Sheff Utd 1-0 Scunthorpe
(Evans)
An average month. 4 crucial points dropped which let New Castle tighten the gap. Looked like I was gonna drop more points against Scunthorpe but luckily Evans, who hadn't scored in over ten hours ended his barren spell with a late minute goal. Lead at the top now: 6 points

]APRIL:
Sheff Utd 2-1 Barnsley (Harewood x2)
New Castle 1-0 Sheff Utd
How bad is this loss. The lead at the top just 3 points now. Things getting tougher
now with some difficult matches upfront: away Sheffield derby etc etc
Sheff Utd 2-1 Coventry (Evans x2)
Sheff Wed 1-0 Sheff Utd
Disaster!! Just what I didnt wanna happen. Luckily, New Castle were held to a
draw and I stay 2 points clear...Fingers crossed as the final two matches are
coming up!!!!
Sheff Utd 2-2 Swansea (Evans, Harewood)
New Caslte were beaten by Reading. What a relief. Now, even if New Castle win
their last match, I might scrape the title due to my slightly superior goal difference!
Ipswich 3-2 Sheff Utd (Evans, Soetaers)

New Castle beaten again!!! Joy for the Blades' players, staff and fans!! Sheffield United gain promotion after conquering the Coco-Cola Championship.

The final league table:
View attachment 62607

Season Review!!!

Season review:
Has been a great season. Started off brilliantly to go clear by 11 points by the end of January. Hic-cups at the end of the season hampered my progress but we still managed to win the title by 3 points! New Castle were brilliant, especially in the second half of the season as they put us under immense pressure with a series of amazing performances. But the 11 point gap proved to be too gigantic for the Magpies to overhaul. Also, Swansea deserve a special mention as they get promoted to the EPL along with us and New Castle.

Coca-Cola Championship - Awards:
Evans was on course to win the golden boot but the dip in his form towards the end saw Earnshaw (Nottm Forest) ****** it from him. Earnshaw got 29, Evans bagged 27 and Harewood came fifth in the list with 23 goals.
Evans and Earnshaw bagged the man of the match award 8 times each, the highest for any player. Kilgallon had the highest average rating (7.30) at the end of the season. Harewood deserves special mention for his 18 assists, third in the list!!
View attachment 62610

Player of the Season - Sheff Utd:
A tough call. Evans and Harewood were constantly banging in goals. Evans was on fire in the first half of the season. But when he has his off-days, Harewood put in some dazzling performances. Barazite was at his creative best through out the season. Harper, Quinn, Speed all played vital roles in the success of the team. But if I had to pick out the player of the season for Sheff Utd, it has to be Mathew Kilgallon.
Yup, Mathew Kilgallon was an absolute rock at the back. Evans and Harewood were scoring for fun - I agree but remember those 1-0, 2-1 victories in which we could have dropped points. Kilgallon was the hero in almost all such matches. Where there was an air ball, he made sure his head was there, when a forward is rushing forward, he made sure he was in the right position at the right time. His tackling was meticulous. No wonder Tottenham, Manchester City were interested in him! He will be key in my survival in the EPL next season.

See ya guys till the next season starts!!!!

Good story....Evans is a goal machine in every game of mine. Prepare yourself for Madrid to bid for him.

As a matter of fact, Madrid enquired about him and I rejected obviously!!!
By the way, he doesn't want to leave Sheff Utd and he also signed a new contract...awesome
He will be the key to my premiership survival!!!

Leap into Premiership!!!!

Expectations:
European football next season..well looks a bit too optimistic. mid-table finish is what I want and the board will be delighted! The board requires me to avoid relegation. But why give up on the dream of securing European football the season after. I have a good squad, not as good as the regular European football playing teams. Well, being optimistic is no harm. Come the season end, I would assess the upcoming season based on these possible outcomes:
Relegation (18-20): Devastating
Just avoid relegation (15-17): Disappointing
Mid-Table (10-14): Decent
Top Half finish with no bonus (7-9): Good
Europa League qual. (5,6): Excellent
Champs league possibility (4): Brilliant
Direct Champions League qual (1-3): Beyond words...Sensational etc etc
Winner (1): What!!! You Kidding me????

Lets see what the bookies say. They bet on Manchester City to ****** the title from Chelsea this term. Liverpool are outside favourites to qualify for Champions league (or qualification rounds). They predict me to just avoid relegation by securing the 17th place. Lets see where the future lies......

Transfers:
I do have a good squad with strength and depth from the defence to attack. But Barazite's and Walker's departure after very successful loan spells have left a few gaps to be filled. A versatile winger is also essential as age is getting the better of Glen Little and Coterill is too young and inexperienced to play at this level. Soetaers is good but is not versatile (he plays only AML/ML). And ya, I have a transfer kitty of $25M.
Targets:
Giovanni (Hull)
Cardazo (Benfica)
Almeida (werder Bremen)
Djalo (Sporting)
Brunt (West Brom)
Alejandro Dominiguez (Palmeiras)
Degen (Liverpool)
Rafael (Manchester Utd, loan)
Hutton (Spurs)
Walker (Spurs)
Mendy (Hull)

Hull accepted $4.1M for Mendy and $7.2M for Mendy and Giovanni respectively but they demanded very high wages exceeding my budget. Cardazo and Almeida, both have high market prices - somewhere in the $30M - $40M range. Djalo didn't want to join my team. Spurs didn't want to sell their right backs and Manchester Utd feel Rafael is too good to be loaned out and they are unwilling to sell him too. So, here's the final list of transfers:
TRANSFERS IN
Chris Brunt - $10.25M
(AMRL)
View attachment 62935

Alejandro Dominguez - $20.5M
(AMRC/FC)
View attachment 62936

Emmanuel Sarki - free
(D/WB/MR)
View attachment 62937

TRANSFERS OUT
Straight forward decisions. Tried to sell Henderson but no one bid for him. Nestor Ayala who didn't impress me the previous term had to go and sold him to Torino for $1.9M. I also loaned out Derek Geary and David Coterill. Youngsters like Kingsley Williams, Jack Adams etc were not offered new contracts and released them on free.

HOPING FOR A BLAST AHEAD!!!

Last edited:
The Pre-Season

Here are the results of the pre-season friendlies. Gave the lads a chance to express themselves. Youngsters got their bit too and they put in some nice performances. Just the results are posted below:

Ferencvaros 1-2 Sheff Utd
Yeovil 1-2
Sheff Utd
Torquay 1-3
Sheff Utd
Motherwell 0-5
Sheff Utd
Millwall 0-1
Sheff Utd
Sheff Utd 5-0 GH Academy
Huddersfield 3-3
Sheff Utd

Overall, it has been a very good pre-season. Evans is continuing from where he left from in the Championship title winning season as he bagged an impressive 9 goals of the 21 goals I scored and he was a member of the starting XI in only 4 matches!!
I am expecting some huge performances from my Evans and of course the defence as my survival challenge starts with a trip to Old Trafford. Am very eager to even things up after suffering narrow defeats to them in last season when they kicked me out of LC and FA cup (1-2 and 3-4 losses respectively).

August and Septmeber....

August:

PRM: Manchester United 2-1 Sheffield United
(Ched Evans)
This match had two completely unexpected things - Berbatov scoring a 30 yarder after winning the physical battle with Harper and Manchester United being so hopeless at counter attack. Berbatov's first was a point-blank header that gave United the lead. He then scored a 30 yarder to double the lead. Evans goal was the result of a lightning quick counter attack by 'Manchester United'..yes it was. Man Utd countered after Dominguez shot straight at Van Der Sar. I thought they would score after a good counter if not for a brilliant pass from Nani to Dominguez from our penalty area to somewhere near half way line! Then, we countered and pulled one back. Also, Evans' 90th minute goal was chalked off for offside. Frustrating!!!

LC: Southend 2-5 Sheffield United
(Sharp, Williamson, Dominguez x3)
Straight forward match. Dominguez impressed with a superb hat-trick. A second string side was on the field and I congratulate them on a near flawless performance.

PRM: Sheffield United 0-0 Bolton
Frankly speaking, neither side deserved to win. A bore draw with a totally bogged down midfield play. Shilla had one great chance with a header that hit the bar. No other worthwhile chance through out the match.

PRM: Sheffield United 2-1 Arsenal
(Dominguez, Evans)
Evans was absolutely brilliant!! Bendtner gave Arsenal a deserved lead on 30 minutes. Second half was all about our commitment and Evans. He played a wonderful through ball to set up Dominguez and he then scored a deserving goal after picking up a through ball from Little. Arsenal just couldn't get past Kilgallon and Shilla in the second half .My most memorable win.....

View attachment 63441

September:

PRM: Wolverhampton 1-1 Sheffield United
(Dominguez)
The match between two consecutive Coca-Cola Championship winners. A freak goal by Milijas gave them the lead. Dominguez scored in the beginning of the second half to level up things and earn us a point.

PRM: Sheffield United 3-1 Swansea
(Evans x2, Quinn)
Take that Swansea! 3 goals in the first half nearly put the game to ground. THey got a consolation goal towards the end. Evans was amazing picking up the MOM award. Quinn's goal was a very good team goal.

LC: Sheffield United 3-2 Cardiff
(Soetaers, Speed, Sharp)
The 41 yr old scores from a corner. We are talking about Speed who never fails to impress. Other goals were simple and we were to endure 10 nervous minutes towards the end as they reduced the deficit from 3-0 down to 3-2 down. Again a second string side performed superbly...

PRM: Portsmouth 2-2 Sheffield United
(Harewood, Evans)
This combination of Harewood and Evans was invincible last term. They scored one a piece to get a point after Utaka run ragged us. Kilgallon did a decent job in containing him in the first half but Utaka was brilliant in the second half

Other News:
(1) Evans claimed the third place in the September player of the month.
(2) Peter Crouch sets a new premier league record as he scored 5 times in Spurs' thumping 5-2 win over Portsmouth.
(3) Relegation favourites Sheffield United stay 11th in the Premier League after their draw against Pompey.
(4) Upcoming matches: Chelsea, Man City etc

The League Table:
View attachment 63440

Last edited: