Bidding on players to prevent rival clubs from buying that player

Raikan007

Reaction score
I was wondering if I was one of the few managers who do this?

When a player that I want is being pursued by another club (any club for that matter) I always offer a much larger fee so the club accept my bid, I then bid as much as I can for the player to accept my contract over and above the other clubs contract and do this until deadline day passes and most of the time, the player I wanted stays at his club :)

I do this for big players who want to join my rivals as well..

It may be sneaky but it works as I seldom have the money to buy said player and would most likely have it come the summer...

anyone else do this or comments?

View attachment 312607

yeah i do that too, usually to prevent unrealistic transfers from happening. in all of my games players like falcao, hamsik, cavani, jovetic, and some other top players get sold for a silly amount of money, ranging from 10 mil € to 30, something that would never happen in reality!
anyway i think it is a reasonable tactic that clubs use in real life too, most of the times to make the rival team pay higher prices/wages for a player. it would be awesome if they implemented it better in FM, with relationship with clubs deteriorating if you interfere in transfers, make fake offers and/or withdraw them at the last minute. Right now you are not really punished for doing it :p

I've never done it but I'm going to try it when United next try and sign Neymar on my games since they always turn unstoppable when that happens.

anyway i think it is a reasonable tactic that clubs use in real life too, most of the times to make the rival team pay higher prices/wages for a player. it would be awesome if they implemented it better in FM, with relationship with clubs deteriorating if you interfere in transfers, make fake offers and/or withdraw them at the last minute. Right now you are not really punished for doing it :p

I'm pretty sure it's more of a game exploit. I don't mean that in a bad way--exploiting situations is not the same as cheating and has a long, storied tradition for us gamers :-D In real life, if this happened more than once, wouldn't word would get out and agents become generally leery of dealing with your club?

I've never actually done this and I agree it's more of a exploit but it's not a bad idea if it's a player that you're looking to sign but can't afford him at that time.

I'm pretty sure it's more of a game exploit. I don't mean that in a bad way--exploiting situations is not the same as cheating and has a long, storied tradition for us gamers :-D In real life, if this happened more than once, wouldn't word would get out and agents become generally leery of dealing with your club?

yeah i agree! the problem is the lack of punishment for doing it. I think you should have some sort of reputation as a buyer and seller, kinda like ebay lol. Or they could implement the system in use for agents with clubs!

I was wondering if I was one of the few managers who do this?

When a player that I want is being pursued by another club (any club for that matter) I always offer a much larger fee so the club accept my bid, I then bid as much as I can for the player to accept my contract over and above the other clubs contract and do this until deadline day passes and most of the time, the player I wanted stays at his club :)

I do this for big players who want to join my rivals as well..

It may be sneaky but it works as I seldom have the money to buy said player and would most likely have it come the summer...

anyone else do this or comments?

View attachment 312607

Yeah mate, been doing this since my LMA Manager days on PS3