Bielsa is God

Reaction score
Bielsa Ball

View attachment 15406

I've tried to recreate the tactics of Marcelo Bielsa in game with the help of TFF and MLSsmith's tactics as the basis of my tactic.
I've tried to follow Marcelo's principals with my beloved Leeds this season and stuck to the Attack at all costs mentality.

For OI's none.

Training ***. Man

Individual training set to the respective players roles.

Plan B: There is no plan B

To Illustrate the strength of this tactic I edited the database to remove all players from Leeds who were not signed for the U23 team or came through the Academy and holidayed for the full season. Leeds were predicted to finish 23rd in the league. Nothing else was changed in the database.

I have tested this tactic with multiple teams who weren't fancied for a title and managed to win the league with all of them.
Most notably I have taken Cork City to the group stages of the Champions League first season only signing Jonathan Douglas on a free.

Some Screenshots of my Leeds save:

View attachment 15405View attachment 15404
View attachment 15403
View attachment 15402
View attachment 15392

Please try it out, all tweaks and comments are welcome.

Bielsa Ball V1

Last edited:
Could you screenshot the Team instructions, so we can judge for ourselves if this is Bielsa inspired or not.

Any player instructions? Inputting manually on iPad. Thanks

Cheers for the screens! Will try it out.

A couple of questions, as ive only seen Bielsas style when he was at Chile and not now at Leeds.

- Why standard tempo? Isnt he usually a very high tempo manager?
- Why are the player roles "less urgent" in pressing?

Cheers for the screens! Will try it out.

A couple of questions, as ive only seen Bielsas style when he was at Chile and not now at Leeds.

- Why standard tempo? Isnt he usually a very high tempo manager?
- Why are the player roles "less urgent" in pressing?

He is typically high tempo yes but this year he has broken the games into 10 minute sections of when to play high tempo and when to play low tempo depending on when the opposition is statistically more likely to score.
I found keeping it on Standard replicates his movement more so than high.
The players press all the time when losing the ball, anything more than less urgent causes them to lose their shape and the defense is lacking when i did this.

This is working very well for me at the moment. I am playing the mighty whites in a World League mod. Very fun. Cheers.

MOT. WGUAFC (maybe...lol)

Following weeks of testing and a full season at Leeds I've updated the formation to as close to Bielsa as I can.

Won the Championship first season with Leeds with 108pts.

attachment.php

Link:
Bielsa Ball V8

congrats for doing it
I've always loved Bielsa's style since he transformed Marseille's playing style a few years ago

Didn't win anything IRL but wow man, it was worth watching the games !

I will try your tactic in game and hope to relive the past haha !!

Never really managed to built a Bielsa tactic myself :D

any news

hey there
i tried it with marseille but it didnt really work out for me
some great unexpected results but also many dramatic lost games

soo anyway tried it with success ?