Bielsa Leaves Chile.

Sisuvide

Reaction score
Ok, this is a huge dilemma that's been happening for around a month in the Chilean football.
This year is an ANFP (National Professional Football Association) president election year in Chile. There were two candidates, including the actual president Harold Mayne-Nicholls.
But, the opposition dropped off and left Mayne-Nicholls on his own.
But about a month ago, the three biggest club in Chile (included my beloved Universidad De Chile, which I'm really hating in this moment) proposed Jorge Segovia, the actual Union Española president, as a candidate.
What these clubs wanted was money. They actually don't give a **** about football, just money.

Mayne-Nicholls wanted to buy the other 20% of CDF (Football Channel, is the channel that has the rights to broadcast Chilean football). The ANFP already owned 80% of the CDF, and he wanted to buy the other 20% to get more money, in a long-term, which could be really useful to improve the Chilean stadiums, and the clubs statures. He also needed that money to pay Bielsa. From the other side, Segovia wanted to sell CDF and get all the money now, and then share it with Universidad Catolica, Colo-Colo, and Universidad De Chile, making these teams "better". What he doesn't understand, is that a league should not be about 3 teams (like "La Ligua", this past few years has been just Barcelona and Real Madrid, really boring by the way) and he wanted to make money, and more money, by selling CDF.

This morning, Jorge Segovia won with 28(Which included Colo-Colo's and the other 2 teams) votes against 22.

Bielsa, as we all know, he is a really good manager, and he loves football. He has always supported Mayne-Nicholls, and they both have a great relationship. Bielsa decided not to continue with Chile after this election, because he said he would never work with the "mafia", and that wouldn't be real football, just money and profits.
Too bad next year is the Copa America, 'cause we need him right now. What is Segovia gonna do? I don't know. But right know there's protests and manifestations outside the ANFP, because almost everyone (I'm talking about an 85% of the football supporters, according to La Tercera, a Chilean newspaper) supported Mayne-Nicholls.

What do you think about this?

I have to say 90% of that went in one ear out the other.

But as for Bielsa, I believe it's Chile's loss he was a great manager, and made them into a more than competitive team for the 2010 WC.

Definatly Chile's loss, would like to see the man in Europe.

Me too, some time ago I would have gone for him to replace Hodgson. Now Liverpool is in shape, so thats a no go for now. However, I do believe that Mancini is on the verge of loosing his job. And I believe that Bielsa would fit perfectly, with his crazyness, and discipline can surely handle all the stars at City.

In any case, I believe he would be a really good addition to an European team

he's liverpool bound he is ;)
seriously, if Hogson goes soon-ish, i can see him being perfect for NESV :D

Pellegrini to Chile?

No, Pellegrini just signed for Malaga today. Well, he could actually leave the team and take the national side.

Another candidate is Borghi from Boca Juniors. He has been coaching and living and Chile for more than 20 years, so he knows the surroundings

No, Pellegrini just signed for Malaga today. Well, he could actually leave the team and take the national side.

Another candidate is Borghi from Boca Juniors

Oh right, Malaga have a fair amount of money as-well now don't they?

Boca only appointed Borghi a couple of months ago didn't they?

Well, kudos to Bielsa for having principles and sticking to them. What will happen to Chile remains to be seen.

Yeah, Malaga belongs now to one of those arabs sheiks, so yes. As a matter of fact, they signed lots of players this season.

As per Boca, yes. But their season is not that good. He almost resigned

Yeah, Malaga belongs now to one of those arabs sheiks, so yes. As a matter of fact, they signed lots of players this season.

As per Boca, yes. But their season is not that good. He almost resigned

Can see them excelling under Pellegrini, will become a solid top 6 side in Spain in a couple of seasons.

Ah, don't really follow Argentine football. Bielsa did he right thing for me. Top man. Hope Chile can sort the mess out.

Can see them excelling under Pellegrini, will become a solid top 6 side in Spain in a couple of seasons.

Ah, don't really follow Argentine football. Bielsa did he right thing for me. Top man. Hope Chile can sort the mess out.

Me too. Pellegrini is quite good.

---------- Post added at 05:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 AM ----------

Chile got quite competitive under Bielsa. Bielsa is also known for a high pressure - ultra attack style of play. That usually leaves his team with great wins or devastating defeats.

As for Pellegrini, he quite similar to Arsene Wenger imo.

And Borghi...well, maybe he is the right guy, maybe not.

Thanks for your comments.
Unfortunately, Pellegrini said a few months ago that this is not the right time.
Borghi... ahm, he is a really good manager, but right now he is having a poor season with Boca.
Well I hope Mr. Segovia will do the right thing, for Chilean football, not just national, but international.

Thanks for your comments.
Unfortunately, Pellegrini said a few months ago that this is not the right time.
Borghi... ahm, he is a really good manager, but right now he is having a poor season with Boca.
Well I hope Mr. Segovia will do the right thing, for Chilean football, not just national, but international.

Indeed. Borghi might be a good choice. Actually in a couple of weeks is the Superclasico, and if River beats Boca badly, I can only assume that Borghi will resign or be sacked. So therefore, it is possible to link him with national side. Borghi had some success in Chile, and made Argentinos Jrs recently champion after 25 years. Him, besides Pellegrini, I really dont know what would be the best choice for Chile. Maybe another Foreigner?

Bielsa did great, the good work must continue.