alexilahio

Reaction score
ok ok !! I know... he didn't win anything with marseille last year but the team was beautiful and exciting when playing (even sometimes frustrating)

At the beginning abd for a long time he wanted to adapt to the opponent using 2 or 3 DC according to how many strikers were in the opoosing team... at the end of the year he abandonned the idea and all was more blanced; Though i didn't manage to be stisfied with a BIELSA tactic...

however i think it would be fantastic to be able to build one together with alla of you who know so many things about tactics

FROM WHAT I COULD SEE LAST YEAR IN MARSEILLE

- the team was pressing all the time from the striker to the advanced midfielders...; event MOD and MOG were like wing backs and came back to help their defenders
Pressing was very hugh starting with the striker and also the number 10

- The rythm was very hight and the passes were very risky but always a collective game trying to break the lines or trying to get as many centers (crosses) as possible

- the wing backs were used as forwards mostly keeping the line and going as far as possible.... as far as the 30 meters.... they didin't go straight however but came back in the middle of the fiekd too create confusion and let the MOD MOG do their job and combine with them plus use centers to reach the striker

- the game was intense and fast

In the middle the number ten came dropped back quite often and was very free : he was very good technically and gave a lot of risky thtough passes to break the lines

There were two midfielders : one of them did a box to box job getting the ball from his low position to take thr ball to the opposing camp and try to create difficulties for opponents since he had an incredible potential with his physicak attributes
The other one was more of a sentinel or just a guy to stay there and get back the balls whenever he could; break opposing actions without doing anything much. short passes, no risks, only there to balance the midfield

The two defenders were doing a classical job except the idea was never to shoot the ball anywhere... the GK had to give thel the ball in the foot and then everything had to start from the best technical guy in the defense... lots of passes

The stats showed many many passes like 400 to 500 and a lot of scoring occasions.... the team played high... their were a lot of tries to send the ball to the striker from the sides and the overall team took a lot o risks in passing except the defensive midfielder...

I don't know how to materialize that in FM
it was as well a question of indiviual marking (impossible in classic mode?)

anyways if someboy could give me clues as roles to give to the players, fluidity or not of the team, roles, and so on... and give advice on what are my remarks of OM 2014-2015
the results didn't go as expected but the teal finished 4th with so many goals that it had never happened in more than 30 years !!

i've been looking around and found nothing close to that !!

do you thonk we should try something out of it ? Who would be interested? That Bielsa coach is a real important figuree in world football !!

At the end i came up with a tactic which is not sooo close to what he did (i don't like the individual marking) but that keeps the idea of a high pressing and direct game with a lot of risks

i have this : tell me what u think or what could be improved http://dl.free.fr/fgEQweDC4

test ?

so anybody tried the tactic or emulating the bielsa tactic somehow ?