Status
Not open for further replies.

I3east

Reaction score

Southern named temporary Tottenham boss

62114_1561718396434_1039540967_2000226_4396485_n.jpg

Southern has been spotted around other stadiums potentially looking for transfer targets

Josephs Southern has today stepped up to the challenge of becoming Tottenham's Caretaker-Manager, this comes after Harry Redknapp left the club to join England after Fabio Capello stepped down. Southern has been involved with a variety of English football clubs over the last 10 years, so he knows what it means to the fans. Southern used to be a coach at Sheffield Wednesday before Redknapp appointed him at White Hart Lane. This is what Redknapp had to say to the media today.

I have never been more unhappy in my whole life, i will miss Tottenham a lot but it's a once in a lifetime chance to coach England and it was my dream as a boy to manage England to a World Cup final and that's why i took the job to try and do exactly that. I know Joseph very well and i hope he does well at Spurs and gets the job on a full-time basis but we will have to see what happens.

Southern will have big boots to fill after taking the position and this is what he had to say;

I am delighted to take the role as caretaker-manager here at Tottenham, i have worked with the club for a while now so i know the squad quite well, i know it will be a challenge to better what Redknapp did here but i will give it a go for the fans. I will be talking to a few of the squad to see whats what and so forth . I am looking forward to the challenge of booking our place in the Champions League again at the end of the year, but i need the players and myself to perform well and get results to make sure i get the job permanently. Thank you.

29904_1437679215532_1039540967_1674307_2104661_n.jpg

Will Southern have his hands on the Premier League trophy again at the end of the season ?

Good to see a little back story in this - I don't like the unrealistic stories where a complete unknown takes charge of a massive club. Good luck - I'll follow

Pre Season and Transfers

Joseph Southern has opted to bring in a lot of experience to his squad after he signed Juninho who is used to playing in the Prem after a stint with Middlesbrough. The second of his signings is former Barcelona striker Rivaldo who will most likely be in the reserves as so will be his third signing Jari Litmanen who joined for a small fee of £100,000. Southern has also thought of Tottenhams long term future as he signed Marco Verratti and Romelu Lukaku, Verratti costing £1,300,000 and Lukaku costing a hefty £7,500,000. One player has left Spurs and that is Robbie Keane who has rejoined Liverpool for £3,900,000.

Southern had this to say on his first few signings;

I am very pleased with my signings, Litmanen and Rivaldo can pass on their experience to our youngsters and will also be back up to our first team. As for Verratti and Lukaku they will also be backup but will mostly be in the reserves as they are still learning. Juninho will be a very important player for us with his amazing passing and dribbling skills. I am in talks with more possible signings but nothing is certain yet. I wish Robbie (Keane) all the best at Liverpool and hopefully he will have more football than last time.

Pre season

imqmic.png

I am very happy with our pre season , we were undefeated and we rested a lot of our key players as well. I would of liked to have won the Colchester game but i'm happy with the draw. I hope now we can push on sign some new players and challenge for 4th spot again

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 AM ----------

Any more followers?

looks gd mate, been looking for A Spurs story for ages

I don't suppose Van Nistelrooy is one of your signings? Nice layout mate, KIU

how long does it take for the moderators to approve your story

They only approve your story if the OP is good enough and think you will stick to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.